An air conditioner is the first choice for cooling a space or room in summer, isn’t it? But everyone can’t afford an air conditioner for home as AC is very expensive and you have to pay an enormous amount of electricity bill during the hot month. Fans can be the second choice for your home, and this machine is using for making the environment comfortable during summer. Before purchasing a fan, you have to know how many types of fans are available for your home.
Don’t worry!!! Wait and read this article carefully.
A fan can be used for different purpose. You can use for cooling human body, cooling a hot kitchen, exhausting hot air from the room or office, Cooling a hot machine and much more. Commercial fans are mainly used for ventilation or exhausting hot air or harmful residual gasses. Residential fans are mainly used for cooling and ventilation purpose only in a bedroom or living room.
Quick Look At The Types Of Fan IN Infographics
Different Types of Fan for Home Or Office Use Only
1. Ceiling Fan
This kind of fan is suspended in the ceiling of your room, and when you turn ON the switch of this fan, it starts to rotate in clockwise direction or anticlockwise direction. Ceiling fan blades can rotate 360 degrees. Two kinds of ceiling fans are available in the market depending on the motor. They are AC Motor Fan and DC Motor Fan. DC Motor Fan can rotate in both clockwise and anticlockwise direction. The Normal mode that is when the fan is oscillating in the anticlockwise direction flow it the air force in the downward direction. On the other hand, in reverse mode, the fan draws the cool air of the room in upward. So, you can use a dc motor fan both in summer and winter seasons. Ac motor ceiling can rotate only in anticlockwise direction, but you can change the direction of this kind of fan manually. Now ceiling fan has improved tremendously with its technology. Most of the ceiling fans are now available with decorative light, automatic thermostat, detector, and Remote control system. So Ceiling fan has become more stylish and modern.
Ceiling fans usually consume 60-70 watts power and the voltage rating is 110 or 120 volts.
Features You May Find in a Ceiling fan
- Integrated with a LED light kit.
- Most of the top rated ceiling fans usually come with lightweight remote control
- Motor capable of running in both direction (Clockwise and anti-clockwise)
- For quick on/off, some fan integrated with pull chains
- Bowl light kit in the middle of the of some high-class fan will give it a contemporary look
Benefits of Ceiling fan
- Long lasting and durable.
- Very easy to install.
- Easy to clean. Only takes few minutes.
- Doesn’t need additional space on the floor.
- Can be used for both summer and winter seasons.
- You may find ceiling fan of 3, 4 or 5, even 8 blades according to your need.
Where You Can Use
You can use a ceiling fan on your patio, garage or outdoor space. You can use it in your bedroom but you have to remember it produces noise. If you have problem with noise, then don’t use it in your bedroom, otherwise, your sleeping will become a nightmare.
2. Tower Fan
The sleek and slim of tower fan make this fan popular around the world. Tower fan is like a pedestal fan, but the blades of this fan are hidden inside of the fan. Tower fan is very lightweight and slim. So, you can move this device from one room to another very easily. Tower fans are available in different sizes like 32 inch, 40 inches, 42 inches and 48 inches. All the tower fans are versatile in design, style, and function. This fan is 100 percent portable. Features like air ionizer or air filter and automatic timer make this fan environment-friendly as this will filter the air and save the misuse of electricity. Tower fan comes with the digital display, and this display shows the speed, thermostat and timer setting. I am personally using a tower fan, and I love the noiseless feature of this fan. The noise level of my tower fan (Dyson AM07) is unbelievably quieter than many other kinds of fan. Tower fans also oscillate up to 90 degrees. A tower fan works completely different mechanism than pedestal fan. It circulates the air in the whole room with modern airflow technology.
Tower fan consumes 50-60 watts power depending on model and brand name.
Features You May Find In A Tower Fan
- 90-degree oscillation
- Air filtration system
- Variable speed setting
- Remote control system with suitable storage in back or top
- LED display to show the temperature, fan speed mode, oscillation etc.
- Pre-programmable timer
- Programmable thermostat
Benefits of Tower Fan
- Sleek and slim design. So tower fan very easy to place in any location without facing trouble.
- Every fan brand has its own design. They will give your house a contemporary look.
- Noise level is very low
- Blades are safely kept under the grille. That means zero chance of getting injured by its blades.
Drawbacks of Tower Fan
- Cleaning the fan is difficult. You have to disassemble the fan front grille.
- Plastic body
- Less powerful than pedestal fan
Where You Can Use
Tower fans are especially ideal for bedroom and living room. Also, they can be used in the kitchen and in a personal gym.
Quick Look At the Top Tower Fan Of This Year
3. Pedestal Fan
The blades of pedestal fan are supported by an adjustable stand. You can easily change the high of a pedestal fan with a screw according to your need. A pedestal fan can flow a very large amount of air with great speed. Modern pedestal fans come with remote control and digital display. This special feature makes it more user-friendly. Pedestal fan can oscillate like tower fan does (90-degree oscillation), so it can cover more area.
Average power ratings of pedestal fans are 50-55 watts and the voltage rating is 110-120 volts.
Features You May Find In A Pedestal Fan
- You can adjust the fan height according to want
- Assemble is very easy. Some fan doesn’t need any tools for assembling
- Lightweight and easy to carry one room to another room
- Some pedestal fan comes with remote control and also digital display
- Some fans are available with Auto shut off timer
Benefits of Pedestal Fan
- Cleaning of pedestal fan is superbly easy
- The 180-degree oscillation of pedestal fan makes it very efficient air circulator
- Pedestal fans are very powerful and flow very high amount of air
- They are portable and long-lasting
Drawbacks of Pedestal Fan
- Need large space for placing it in a room
- Don’t safe for kids. As the gaps in the grills are large and high spinning blades can cause serious injury
- Produce little high noise at high speed
Where You Can Use
Pedestal fans are the norm for outside space of your homes like patio or terrace. You can pick it for bedroom or living room but the noise at highest speed will irritate you so much. If the temperature of your zone is very comfortable for living, you don’t need to use pedestal fan at top speed. On that scenario, you can use pedestal fan for your living or bedroom.
4. Window Fan
This fan designed to place inside a flame of the wall in the bedroom, kitchen or bathroom. A window fan uses to cool a room by flowing cool outside air into the room or exhausting the hot air of the room outside of the room. Best window fans come with the automatic revisable feature. The advanced features of some window fan like thermostat, remote control, automatic shut off and variable speed control make it for versatile and user-friendly. A window fan can cool a whole room quickly. But, you have to choose right size and good power or speed rating fan according to your space size.
A window fan normally consumes 40-45 watts on high speed.
Features You May Find In A Window Fan
- You can operate window fan using a remote control.
- LED control panel
- These types of fans usually build with the programmable thermostat.
- The blades of window fan can be rotated in both directions. You can control it using a reversible switch.
- Motors of with window fan are water resist that means they are safe to use during rain.
Benefits of Window Fan
- Window fan helps to bring the fresh air inside the home.
- Doesn’t need additional space for placing it.
- Safe to use.
- Window fans are Easy to clean
- Cools the room very efficiently.
- Very quiet operation.
Drawbacks of Window Fan
- Installation of window fans is difficult. You may need to hire professionals for installation.
- Sometimes drags dust and dirty smell from outside. But now some window fan has air filter which catches the dust in a filter.
Where You Can Use
Best Quality Window Fans are perfect to use in your bedroom, dining or living room beside or above the window. Besides that, it can use exhaust fan for your bathroom, kitchen, and garage or storeroom.
Quick Look At the Top Window Fan Of This Year
5. Bladeless Fan
Japanese Company Toshiba first introduced the concept of the bladeless fan, but Sir James Dyson Successfully launched Dyson Air Multiplier bladeless fan. This fan works like a vacuum cleaner, and a brushless dc motor is used in the bladeless fan. There is no invisible blade available in a bladeless fan. It typically sucks the air of the surrounding through the base of the fan and an unknown mechanism works inside the cylinder of the fan that amplifies the air 15 to 18 time before blowing out. This kind of fan is noiseless and 100 percent safe for small children and pets.
Power consumption is almost similar to tower fan.
Features You May Find In A Bladeless Fan
- No visible blade. Completely unique design
- Air ionizer and air filtration system that helps to clean and filter the air inside your house
- Pre-programmable timer
- Programmable thermostat for turning on/off the fan at the desired temperature
- Different speed setting mode
- It can oscillate
Benefits of Bladeless Fan
- Perfect for the modern home. These types of fan increase the aesthetic view of the house.
- Low noise
- Easy to clean. Don’t need to disassemble.
- No visible blades means no chance of injury with blades
Drawbacks of Bladeless Fan
- They are very expensive
- Wind flowing power in little bit lower than pedestal fan
Where You Can Use
Bladeless fans are spotless for bedroom and front room. They may be an excellent choice for office as it produces very low sound.
5. Desk/Table Fan
This small oscillating wonder is best suitable for single person. This fan is mainly used in the office or a person working at home on a desk. The Newer version of desk fan includes mist cooling system for extra cooling effects. It works excellently on your dressing table and bathroom for cooling.
Typical table fans usually consume 80-85 watts at high speed
Features You May Find In A Desk Fan
- You can tilt table fan head to adjust the angle up or down.
- The multi-directional motorized oscillation that creates better and larger cooling space.
- The front grille is easy and quickly removable.
Benefits of Table Fan
- Very lightweight and easy portable.
- Very high airflow.
- Price is very low
- Easy to clean
Drawbacks of Table Fan
- Create high level of noise
- Don’t safe for kids
Where You Can Use
You can use it on an office desk or reading table. Very suitable to use it beside a makeup or dressing table. Also, perfect for the kitchen.
The 6 types of fan that we listed above is the best kind of fan that you can use in your home to cool the body temperature normal during summer. Fan like misting fan or attic fan can be used but they are not enough popular for household use.