There are different designs and models of LASKO fans available for household and industrial use. Some are very easy to clean some doesn’t. So before buying one for your home or office, you must have to check whether it is easy to disassemble and clean. When fans blades rotate, it will pull the dust and dirt of the room. So, They become dirty so often.
Wherefore, you have to clean your fan every month once or twice or even more time. More you clean it more it will perform effectively.
If you have any of the Lasko fans at your home, you can’t help without cleaning it. In this article, we will discuss the process of how to clean different Lasko fans without hiring an expert.
How to Clean A Lasko Tower Fan
The Lasko tower fans are manufactured to offer a high-velocity air stream in a compact package. Making use of the brush attachment on a vacuum cleaner is the most effective way to clean a Lasko tower fan.
The cleaning procedure of this fan is mainly the same and involves affixing a soft-haired brush to the vacuum cleaner and sucking the dirt from the grill region.
Follow these steps to clean the outer body of Lasko Tower Fan without disassembling it:
- First, unplug the fan. After that, take the brush that attached with your vacuum cleaner which might be the best for cleaning a Lasko tower fan. If you don’t have any vacuum cleaner as we mention then you can buy a cleaning brush from online.
- Vacuum or brush the intake grill of your tower fan. It will clean the dust and dirt build up in the grill.
- Use a soft cloth to clean only the outer fan housing. Furthermore, you can use vinegar or rubbing alcohol to clean more pushy marks!
If you wanna clean your Lasko tower fan more deeply, you can follow the below video.
How to Clean a Lasko Pedestal Fan
Let’s take a look at the steps How to Clean a Lasko Pedestal Fan:
- Start the cleaning of this fan by first disassembling both the front and rear grills, to ensure meticulous cleaning.
- This is the step where you have to clean the blade parts thoroughly after you have taken them apart. This is done by reversing the directions of the assembly.
- Fill a sink or big bowl warm mild soap like dishwashing detergent and dip the blade and grills of the fan inside it, and gently wipe them down with a soft cloth. Use a soft damp cloth to wipe down other parts of the fan. In case there are areas with a large accumulation of dirt, use awesome cleaner.
- Wipe all other parts of the fan with a soft cloth moistened with soapy water, instead of submerging them in water.
- Use clean or plain water to rinse the parts after cleaning and let them totally air-dry before putting your fan together again for use.
How to Clean a Lasko Window Fan
This is either a single or twin-sized window fan that offers provide different features and it is very quiet in use.
Steps to Cleaning a Lasko window fan:
- Take the fan out of the window and position it faces up on the floor.
- Use Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws around the perimeter.
- Get the grill cover lifted from the main part of the fan.
- Use a kitchen towel to clear any big pieces of debris
- Clean the internal parts of the fan such as the blades, great, panel, and knobs with soapy water
- Allow these parts to air-dry completely
- Put the fan together and put it back in its position in the window.
Tools Needed while Cleaning
In addition to knowing how to clean a LASKO Fan, you must be able to identify some of the tools needed to make your fan exceptionally clean and free from bacteria and germs.
Brushes for cleaning LASKO Fan are available in different types including flexible brush and duster.
You can use the duster to remove dust from the grills of your fan, particularly when you don’t want to disassemble it.
Germicidal Cleaning Products
It is noteworthy that your fan moves the air you breathe but the blades do not contaminate it with bacteria and germs. Therefore, make use of germicidal cleaning products to clean your fan to make sure air contamination does not happen.
Germicidal cleaning products you can use are the disinfectant spray and disinfectant wipes.
Other Tools Needed
- Screwdriver (Phillips’ head)
- Electronic Vacuum
- Small bowl you can use to keep screws removed from the fan
- A container of compressed air or air compressor
- Soft cloth
Tips & Precaution
Understanding how to clean a LASKO Fan is one part, knowing the tips and precautions associated with cleaning of these fans another crucial aspect of cleaning a LASKO Fan. Hence, you need to adhere to the following for a successful and safe LASKO Fan cleaning:
- Make sure you turn off the fan and remove it from the electric outlet before you start your cleaning. This precaution relates to any fan style and model.
- For easy cleaning of the fan, free up adequate space on the workbench or floor
- Avoid touching the motor in the course of cleaning, particularly if it had been running before you cleaned it
- Do not open the housing of your fan in an attempt to clean it
- It is better if you choose to clean your fan outside your house instead of indoors.
Wrap It Up
The first thing you must understand when it comes to how to clean a LASKO Fan is that cleaning depends on the type of LASKO Fan involved. Another thing is that cleaning your fan regularly will save you and your family from allergies and keep your fan in perfect working condition. Lastly, don’t be careless when cleaning your LASKO Fan, but follow the tips and safety precautions as highlighted above to make the entire cleaning process a breeze and remarkable.