“Pick the Best Tower Fan for Your Home or Office”
There’s nothing more irritating than having to spend hot afternoons at home. You may be fortunate to have a central air conditioning system at home, but there will be instances when some areas won’t get enough airflow to keep you cool. If this is the case, you may want to invest in a tower fan. In this tower fan review, you’ll learn what you should look for in a tower fan, as well as a list of some of the best fans for cooling a room. Many families are now realizing how practical it is to own a tower fan at home. It can increase air circulation in any room, but in a more cost-efficient way especially when compared to air conditioners. The best fans for summer can also help people cool down quickly, and enable airflow to reach areas better than a swamp cooler. Plus, it is a lot safer compared to an electric fan. The same scenario can be said for companies. Business owners don’t have to order for another air conditioning unit in their offices to make their corporate spaces comfortable to their employees and guests. By adding a tower fan, businesses can make their environments cooler without having to spend more on their energy bills. According to the US Department of Energy, Americans spend around $22 billion on energy bills annually to cool their homes. More than 183 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity are needed to cool down American homes with air conditioning. These statistics show the need to find more energy-efficient cooling devices like a bladeless tower fan. The good news is that there are many top-rated tower fans you can find online or in retail stores that are capable of cooling down your room without causing a spike in your electricity consumption.
What is a Tower Fan?
Of course, tower fan reviews won’t be complete without discussing what this appliance is in the first place. A tower fan is a type of cooling device that is tall and narrow. It can oscillate from left to right, and push hot air outward. Unlike an air conditioner, it doesn’t cool the air but this feature also makes it more energy efficient. It is also easy to maneuver given its lightweight design and can be carried from one room to another. Unlike the regular electric fan, a tower fan takes up minimal space. It can easily fit in corners. Plus, it doesn’t have the blades that electric fans have which makes it a good choice for families with little children. Finally, a tower fan can complement any look or feel of a room with its slim and contemporary design.
Quick Navigation Of Best Tower Fan Pick By Our Editors
Note: $$$$: Price is under $400; $$$: Product Price Under $200; $$: Product Price Under $100; $: Product Price Under $50.
P.S: The Top Products are Arranged In Particular Order
Features of Tower Fan That Make it the Best for Residential Use
When you go to a home appliance store, you will notice that there are lots of tower fan models to choose from. This could overwhelm you a bit, but if you know the features to look for, then you would have an easier time picking the right tower fan for your home or office.
- ★ Oscillation
- ★ Remote Control
- ★ Air Ionization System
- ★ Easy Portable
- ★ Slim and Stylish
- ★ Sleep Timer
- ★ Noiseless
One of the more important features of top tower fan is the oscillation. Sure, most tower fans oscillate, but the good ones will be able to do so at different speeds. You must also know how far the fan oscillates so that it can reach areas of the house where there’s limited airflow.
A remote control is another feature of the best fan. You would want a fan with a remote control so that you can adjust the fan’s settings or turn it off without having to go near it. Another feature that you may have to look for is a sleep timer so that the fan can automatically turn itself off after a certain period.
Moreover, the best cooling tower fan is one that can filtrate the air. This is particularly true if you or anyone of your family member especially kids are prone to allergies or have asthma. The air ionization will attract the dust or micro partials of the air (that usually harmful to our health) toward the air filter. Thus, it will purify the air by filtering it and blows the fresh air around the room. Our expert recommends to place the tower fan near the window if it has built in air ionization system.
Tower fans are very lightweight, as most of the fans body are made of plastic materials. You can move it from one room to another easily. So if large numbers of guest come to your home, move the tower fan to your living room and make the visitors comfortable in summer.
The tower fans are sleek, slim and tall. Some importantly the design of this device is unique and unparalleled. My favorite tower fan is Dyson AM07. This tower fan is amazing and extraordinary.
With the help of sleep timer or automatic timer, you can preset how long a tower fan will run. Some fan has this feature and some fan model doesn’t. You may find a tower fan that comes with sleep timer features and the time ranging between half an hour to 12 hours. If you preset a sleep timer of 7 hours, the tower fan will turn off automatically after 7 hours. Isn’t it a cool feature? It will definitely save you a lot of money by cutting your monthly electricity bill especially in summer.
Sound that produces by traditional pedestal or ceiling fan is very disturbing and one may find it very difficult to sleep, work or watch TV or movie. You can hardly hear the noise of this tower fan. Tower fan is very quieter than any type of fans. You can sleep or work in less noisy environment.
Why Choose a Tower Fan Over an AC unit or Traditional Electric Fan?
This is a common question of homeowners who have little knowledge about tower fans. The common line of thinking is that when it comes to cooling a room, you either go with an air conditioner or an electric fan. There are several good reasons why you should go for a tower fan instead of an air-conditioner. One is the savings you’ll get. You can buy a tower fan for less than a hundred bucks. On the other hand, you will have to spend more than $100 for a good AC unit. When it comes to energy efficiency, the tower fan is a lot better than an air conditioner. On the average, a traditional window AC unit uses around 3.5 kWh in an hour. Compare that to the 2.4 kWh consumption of a tower fan in 24 hours, and you can imagine how much savings you’ll get if you have a tower fan at home. Portability is another advantage of the tower fan over the AC unit. You can bring it from one room to another because it is portable, unlike the window-type AC. You may counter that an electric fan is cheaper than a tower fan. Sure, but it’s not safe especially when you have kids. Your children may get into accidents especially when they try to touch the rotating blades of an electric fan. On the other hand, a bladeless tower fan is far safer for use at home. It also doesn’t make a lot of noise, unlike an electric fan. And its slim, space-saving design allows it to be placed almost anywhere in your home.
Top 7 Best Tower Fan Brands That has Good Reputations
This is another company with a long tradition of producing quality coolers. Tower fans of this brand make use of the brand’s proprietary vortex action, which allows the tower fans to circulate air more evenly.
Tower fans from this brand make use of the company’s patented quietest technology. There are many levels of quiet operation and oscillation. Plus, cooling fans of this brand have an auto-shut off timer. According to the company, its cooling products can help households save up to 20 percent on their energy bills.
This brand started as a manufacturer of digital houseware products. Ozeri has since they crossed over to the production of tower fans. Its cooling fans feature its patented noiseless airflow technology.
Lasko is another good brand that you can trust. It originally was a metal company in the 1900s before it went into the design and manufacture of cooling fans. Lasko tower fans are known for having advanced features like programmable timer, remote control, and widespread oscillation. There are also models with fresh air ionizer.
You can’t also go wrong when you pick a Holmes oscillating fan. One of its best sellers is the 33-inch tower fan that features a digital remote control, five oscillation settings, automatic shut off, and five-hour timer.
How We Picked These Tower Fans
Manufacturers can make a lot of claims about the tower fans that they have, obviously in the hopes of making a lot of sales. But there’s no denying the fact that customer reviews are the best sources of information about these tower fans. Thus, this review of the best fans for cooling was based mainly on customer reviews on Amazon.com. Customer reviews give us an honest opinion about a product, and Amazon.com users are known not to hold anything back against manufacturers. Thus, everything that was said about the reviews of these cooling appliances has some semblance of truth to it. Aside from customer reviews, we looked at other factors in ranking the best fans to cool a room. These include the prices of the tower fans, features, and reputation of the manufacturer. Our experts tested the each and every tower fan very closely in our lab. We use Decibel X ( a trusted iPhone software to calculate decibel noise rating) and Sound Meter ( use to calculate sound in android phone).
Top 5 Best Tower Fan for Large Bedroom or Living Room or Office
As mentioned earlier, you don’t need to install another air conditioning unit in your office or living room to be able to get some relief from the punishing summer heat. Here are the five our top-rated tower fan Reviews that you can use in the living room or in your office:
Our Editor’s Choice #1: Dyson AM07 Tower Fan
Like all Dyson tower fan models, the Dyson AM07 Tower fan is equipped with Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology. This technology accelerates airflow through an annular aperture and drawing in surrounding air in the process for a more cooling airflow. This air multiplier tower fan stands 39 inches tall. It has 10 distinct airflow settings, thus allowing you to choose an airflow level that suits the environment. What’s more impressive is that despite its power, the Dyson AM07 tower fan is up to 60 percent quieter. This is due to its streamlined air channel, which reduces air flow turbulence. You’ll have a more restful sleep when you have this Dyson cool fan around. Any Dyson fan review will tell you that Dyson fans are energy efficient. This bladeless fan is, even more, energy efficient than previous Dyson cooling fans.
Compared to the Dyson AM02, this Dyson bladeless fan is up to 10 percent more energy efficient. You can also set this Dyson tower fan to automatically turn off after a preset time with its sleep timer. The preset intervals ranging from 15 minutes up to nine hours. The remote control is a nice addition because it would let you control the settings of the tower fan without getting up.
Moreover, it is designed to store neatly into the machine. This tower fan with a remote is a bit expensive, to say the least. With a retail price of around $400, the AM07 isn’t exactly cheap. The price may initially turn you off, but you can be guaranteed of the quality because it comes from arguably the best brand of tower fans. And although the remote is a very helpful feature, you should make sure not to use it. If you do, you won’t be able to use the sleep timer. However, you can still power on/off the unit and change the oscillation levels through the buttons found on the unit itself.
Top Key Features
- Powerful and Safe: Creates a powerful uninterrupted airflow without fan blades of large fans. This makes it ideal for cleaning and safe for pets and children to be around the fan itself.
- Easy Portable: It is 39.63 inches in height, which would be 100.6 centimeters or 3’3” tall. The depth and width are both 9.13 inches and it weighs 11.05 pounds, making it easy to carry and store.
- Sleep Timer: The fan has a sleep timer which can be pre-set anywhere from fifteen minutes to nine hours. Perfect for those who like to have cool air circulating while they sleep.
- Remote Control System: Comes with a remote control that allows people to operate the fan from across the room. The remote allows the user to change settings from a distance.
- Quiet in Operation: The operation of the fan is quiet as the air channels have been streamlined to reduce the turbulence of airflow. This allows the fan to operate in near silence.
- Warranty: The manufacturer of Dyson tower fan will give you full 5 years of warranty from the purchasing date. This really makes the price worthy. The customer care service department of Dyson is very quick and responsive.
- Bladeless which makes it safer and makes it easier to clean.
- The remote control is curved and magnetizes to the fan, which makes it easy to store and find later.
- The sleep timer can be used to turn itself off after a certain amount of time, whether it would be fifteen minutes or nine hours.
- It has an oscillating with 10 settings. This allows you to tailor the fan to a specific level of comfort while using 10% less power.
- Very quiet in operation. May not notice the fan is turned on or off.
- Very easy to assemble. Takes only few minutes to assemble all the parts of this fan.
- Very much expensive. More than the double price of the second highest priced fan in our top tower fan round up.
- The height is not adjustable.
- The fan filters at the base of the fan cannot be removed.
- The body of this fan made of metal but the finishing of this fan looks cheap. Manufacturer used cheap plastic for this purpose.
Final VerdictStreamlined, bladeless and quiet – these features definitely make it a perfect cooling fan for your bedroom or living room. Gone are the days where people have to speak up in order to be heard over the fan, or having to give the fan a wide berth so as not to run into the blades and injure themselves. If you don’t have very high budget for this luxurious tower fan, you may choose less priced tower fan from our list.
Our Editor’s Choice #2: Vornado 184 Whole Room Tower Air Circulator
Aside from being energy efficient, there are other things that you will appreciate with the Vornado air circulator. One is that it has a long warranty. The manufacturer backs up the product with a five-year warranty that gives you peace of mind. Another thing you will like about this Vornado circulator is that it doesn’t wobble, unlike other tower fans. Its sturdy base can give it the stability to last for a long time. There are also four-speed settings to choose from, which you can activate through push-button controls. The unit also comes with a remote control, which you can store at the top of the tower fan. You will also be able to save through its 8-hour timer.
And the price is very much attractive. For less than $100, you can take home this fantastic cooling machine. You need to watch out for some flaws, though. One minor annoyance is that the fan won’t remember the last speed setting you had. When you turn it on, it always starts at the highest speed level. The bright LED display may be nice if you’re trying to change speed settings, but it can distract you when you’re on the bed and attempting to get some sleep.
Top Key Features
- Better Air Circulation: Pushes air up to 100 feet and completely circulates the air in the room. This method constantly cools the air throughout the room.
- Constant Airflow: The crosscut outlet creates a wide span of constant airflow, instead of one spot for a few seconds like a regular oscillating fan.
- Variable Speed Setting and Timer: Comes with a remote and four-speed settings, as well as an energy saving timer. This allows the user to remotely set the fan to run from one hour to eight hours. Also sticks magnetically at the top of the fan.
- Long Warranty: The Vornado tower is eleven pounds and comes with a five-year limited warranty, as well as a six-foot cord. This makes it lightweight and is able to be put anywhere as it is compatible with extension cords.
- Quiet in Nature: Operates quietly and meets U.S. voltage requirements.
- A quiet fan that blows cold air up to 100 feet. It will make the room cold though the outside is not cold at all.
- Completely circulates the air in an entire room and cools a larger area. Thanks to V-air flow technology invented by Vornado engineers.
- Comes with four-speed settings and a timer, as well as a remote.
- Easy to clean. Just vacuum the rear and front vents. No removable air filters. Be sure to keep it at least 6 inches away from walls and other surfaces for air intake.
- Lightweight and has a handle.
- Has to be six inches away from walls and surfaces in order give it the best air intake.
- While it is designed to be nearly silent, it can be loud at high speeds.
- The height is not adjustable.
- Doesn’t oscillate
Final VerdictPurchasing Vornado 184 air circulator fan means bringing a little tornado at your home. It blows the air like a tornado but doesn’t create that much noise. At 11 inches wide, it is easier to walk around than a box fan. No air filters mean less work to clean, just add a little extra vacuuming to your routine and you’re all set.
Number #3: Seville Classics UltraSlimline Tower Fan
This Seville Classics tower fan also has a timer that can be set up to 7.5 hours. There’s also a remote control and an oscillating function. It is also cheap like the Lasko tower fans. This Seville Classic is sold at around $60.If you need more power than what the other tower fans offer, you can check out the Seville Classics UltraSlimline tower fan. But this Seville Classic tower fan can also frustrate you in different ways. One is that it can easily wobble when you touch it. Another disappointment is that except when it is on a low setting, the fan can be a bit noisy.
There are also complaints about the small button control of the fan requiring some force to operate. The operation isn’t as seamless as in other tower fans. It is also a bit heavy at 11 pounds thus you will have to exert some effort in moving it from one room to another.
Top Key Features
- Variable Speed Setting: The 40-inch fan comes in four speed settings, high, medium, low and an energy saving setting
- Programmable Timer: The shutdown timer is programmable from 30 minutes to 7.5 hours, only for half hour increments.
- Space Saver: Compact and saves space have a footprint of less than one square foot.
- Easy to Clean: Easy to clean by wiping down panels with a dry cloth, compressed air, and hand vacuums to prevent the buildup of dust particles and to extend the life of the fan.
- Quick and Powerful: Oscillates at 75 degrees to spread air around quickly and powerfully.
- Design of this fan is compact. It can be put in a corner between the couch and the end table.
- Easy to clean. Just need to use an air compressor. The body of the fan fire retardant.
- Programmable for shutdown in 30-minute increments from 30 minutes to 7.5 hours.
- This 40 inches tower fan circulates the air in every corners of a big size room without any disturbance. If you have more guest in your living room, only you need to turn the fan on and set it at highest speed setting mode.
- Meets or exceeds UL Listing safety standards.
- While it is a quiet fan, it is not one of the quietest available
- Tends to squeak when oscillating
- There have been complaints about its durability
- It comes with only one year of warranty.
Final VerdictSafe, fire retardant and easy to clean. Comes in two colors and two sizes. The 17 inch is great for desks and the like, while the 40 inch one is better for the floor. Easy to program for shutdown and quickly oscillates.
Number #4: Vornado NGT42DC Energy Smart Tower
Top Key Features
- Best Warranty Ever: This fan is backed by a 10-year satisfaction guarantee warranty. Not many products have warranty lasting that long.
- Energy Saver: This fan uses 80% less energy. Absolutely fantastic fan for those hot days, but want to save on electricity.
- Automatic Timer: A timer that ranges from one to twelve hours. This way it can be set to run during the hottest parts of the day, or just while you sleep and it will turn itself off automatically.
- Good Airflow: Has a feature where the user can have a wide span or a direct line of airflow. This means you can have it only on you, or change it to cool the entire room.
- Highest Speed Setting: Has 99 unique airflow settings for airflow control. One setting might not be quite the right setting, but the next setting or two up or down could be the perfect one.
- Aesthetic look of this Vornado fan is better than Vornado 184. It is very appealing.
- Consume less energy.
- Easy to clean and has a 10-year warranty
- Can change the airflow type from direct to wide span
- Assembly of the fan parts are easy. It may take only 10 min but you have to it carefully as the parts are flimsy.
- Lightweight and compact.
- The fact that it has 99 airflow settings might be a turnoff for some people as it might seem like too much for some.
- In the event of a power outage, the fan will default to off and will need to be turned on as the controls are digital.
- Somewhat expensive for those on a low budget.
- It doesn’t oscillate.
Final VerdictOne of the more perfect fans for energy savings. While it is a higher price, the fact that it uses 80% less energy will ensure that you save more on energy in the long run. It would be great to have a fan where you can either have the airflow directly on you or have it as a wide span and cool the entire room.
Last but Not the Least: Ozeri 3x Tower Fan
Top Key Features
- Less than three inches thick. This makes it the perfect fan to go into small places, whether it be in a corner or in a small apartment.
- It has three independently controllable fans and three fan speeds. This offers nine customizable cooling and airflow options.
- Has a timer that can be programmed in 30-minute increments up to 7.5 hours. This means you can program it to cool off the house while you are at work and can turn itself off shortly before you get home.
- Has canted fan blades that are curved to generate opposing sound waves. This reduces the noise of the fan blade and the only noise coming from it should be from the airflow.
- Comes with a remote control that has an extended range as well as a control panel to provide access to all the features.
- Less than three inches thick, which means it doesn’t take up as much space.
- The remote has an extended range, which is great for larger rooms.
- Blends in great with whatever tower speakers a person might have, it just looks like a smaller speaker from afar.
- Comes with curved fan blades which reduces noise and isolates the sounds of the airflow.
- The timer can be programmed in 30-minute increments up to 7.5 hours.
- The height is not adjustable.
- At 13 pounds it weighs a bit more than the fans previously listed
- Does not have a thermostat in which to see the current room temperature.
Final VerdictThe Ozeri 3x tower fan is beautifully designed and is a great space saver as it is only three inches thick. While it is a little heavier than the other fans previously listed, it is still lightweight and slim, which would make it less awkward to carry down the stairs. The blade curvature to reduce blade noise is a definite plus.
Top 10 Tower Fan Reviews for Small Rooms
Editor Choice Number 1: Honeywell HY-280 Quietset Whole Room Tower Fan
Top Key Features
- At 2’8” it is one of the smaller fans on this list. This might make it harder to see over some furniture.
- Has an adjustable thermostat, a digital display and an auto shutdown timer of 1, 2, 4 and 8 hours.
- Comes with touch button electronic controls and on product housing for the remote control.
- Has eight speeds, or levels, of quiet control as well as oscillation and breeze setting.
- Easy to carry as it has a carry handle and cord management as well as it is only 11 pounds.
- Has a carrying handle, a cord management feature and is lightweight. Won’t have to worry about tripping over cords when carrying it around.
- Is perfect for powerful, whole room cooling while being a very quiet fan. The noise level on the lowest setting is only 55 decibels.
- It is a thinner, sleeker, shorter fan, which makes it perfect for carrying from room to room and placing it wherever you need it.
- It has a digital thermostat, so you always know the room temperature.
- Every easy to assemble after unboxing the fan parts from the shipping box.
- The height is not adjustable. Would not be best to put it behind something taller than itself.
- It can be a bit unsteady at the base. Best to keep it away from young children.
- The display is bright at night and illuminates the room.
Final VerdictA small, quiet fan that is perfect for carrying from room to room as it is lightweight, comes with a carrying handle and you don’t have to worry about tripping over cords as it comes with a cord management feature. While the display illuminates the room at night, this can be countered by covering it up with a small towel or something similar.
Number #2: Ozeri Ultra Wind Tower Fan
Top Key Features
- Has a sophisticated and stylish design which saves space enhances room décor.
- Generates more air velocity with less noise on a foot-per-minute to decibel basis.
- It is easy to assemble and there are no tools required.
- Customizable fan height. The height of the fan can be raised from 32 inches to 42 inches.
- Includes a 12-hour timer that can be programmed in 1-hour increments, as well as a remote control which can be stored in the fan itself.
- Has a thermostat to indicate room temperature.
- Oscillates up to 90 degrees on each side which ensure the better air circulation in the room.
- It has an LED screen with a light dimming night mode.
- Easy to operate by using the remote control or manually pressing the buttons that are on the top of the fan head under the plastic hood.
- A very quiet fan when in operation. At the highest setting, the fan is about 40 decibels, which is about the decibel level of a library.
- Slightly unstable at the circular base, especially when oscillating.
- No clip for the cord of the fan to contain it while it is being carried.
- No information on how to clean it or how easy it is to clean it.
Final VerdictA stylishly designed fan with easy assembly is always a plus. When in operation it is literally as quiet as a library, even though it generates more air velocity. Has a thermostat and an LED screen. No need to cover the screen up at night as it has a night mode where the lights can be dimmed.
Number #3: Lasko 2551 Wind Curve Tower Fan
Top Key Features
- This fan has a fused safety plug and an energy saving timer up to 7.5 hours.
- It is a plastic 3-speed oscillating tower fan.
- Also has an air ionizer which helps to trap airborne particles. This helps clean the air while keeping it cool.
- Efficiently provides a gentle breeze throughout the room with the wide-area oscillation feature.
- Comes with a multi-function remote control which can be stored in the back.
- Easily portable with the easy-carry handle.
- Helps trap airborne particles to clean the air.
- Electronic timer can be set from 30 minutes to 7.5 hours.
- The fan is easy to assemble.
- Has a thermostat which will decrease the power of the fan once the desired temperature of the room is reached..
- The fan is not adjustable in height.
- The display is somewhat bright at night.
- Makes a clicking noise every 30 seconds when oscillating.
Final VerdictThis air ionizing fan is a must if allergens are an issue within the home or if cleaner air is desired. An easily assembled, portable fan which cools over a wide area and it cleans the air? Love it. While the display can be bright at night, it can just be covered with something lightweight. Depending on how loud the clicking when oscillating noise is, it might not be noticed after a while.
Number #4 : Honeywell Fresh Breeze Tower Fan
Top Key Features
- There is a programmable thermostat which not only tells you the room temperature but also speed up or down the fan speed according to the room temperature.
- Air ionizer for removing allergens from the air and a washable air filter.
- Comes with a remote control which has a flashlight to enable the user to see in the dark.
- It has an integrated handle that increases its portability.
- The tilted head allows for directional cooling.
- Very quiet, yet has a strong motor.
- Ionizes the air to remove airborne allergens and cleans the air.
- The filter is washable.
- Has a temperature display to show the room temperature, which can be set anywhere from 60 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- There is a breeze mode to simulate gentle outdoor wind.
- Small and easy to store or place anywhere to use.
- The plastic body creates an odor. To minimize it, it has to be cleaned regularly and room fresheners might be needed.
- The LCD screen at night might be too bright.
- Actually, have to wash the filter instead of just wiping it down.
Final VerdictThese days anything with an air ionizer should go onto a list of their own and then choose from there. While being able to simply wipe it down to clean it would be ideal, washing the air filter works just as good. Very quiet with a strong motor, this particular fan won’t disturb conversations or sleep.
Number #5: Lasko 4930 High Velocity Tower Fan
Top Key Features
- Inner blades and the outer body of this fan are fully safe from rust. The material of the body and blades are rust-resistant
- The timer can be set to 1, 2 or 4-hour sleep modes.
- Easy to grip handle on the back.
- Polarized plug to reduce electric shock risk.
- High wind output
- Filter-less, which saves on cleaning time
- No assembly required
- Remote control with the range to activate fan from across the room. Storage for the remote is on the back of the fan.
- High-velocity fan.
- Not exactly quiet. One consumer measured the decibels from 12 feet away were anywhere from 50 to 60 dB depending on the setting.
- There is no thermostat
- No air ionization
Final VerdictThis filterless, rust-resistant powerful fan might not have air ionization or filtration system, but that shouldn’t stop anyone from buying it. You can choice it as it is the highest velocity fan in our list. This high-velocity fan isn’t exactly quiet in operation and comes with a limited number of timer mode.
Number #6: Honeywell HYF290B Quietset Whole Room Tower Fan
Top Key Features
- Remote control with a space in the back of the fan for easy storage.
- Dimming feature for nighttime lighting.
- 8 speeds at the push of a button, including an oscillation button.
- 1, 2, 4 and 8-hour timer for automatic shutoff.
- Easy assembly.
- Has lighting selections for nighttime so you don’t have to cover the control panel before you sleep.
- Quiet fan
- 8 speeds to choose from
- Best for rooms that don’t need an abundance of airflow
- Easy to clean, but two parts require different methods of cleaning.
- Not a powerful fan
- Two parts require two different methods to clean
- No other colors.
Final VerdictNothing much in the way of cons. While the exterior unit should be cleaned with a soft dry cloth and the grills and fan blade area with compressed air or a pipe cleaner, it is still easy and simple to clean. Easy to assemble. While it is not a powerful fan, it would mainly be used for smaller rooms that would be overpowered by a more powerful fan.
Number #7: Soleus Air Tower Fan
Top Key Features
- Lightweight at 8.38 pounds.
- A timer which automatically shuts off the fan at 7.5 hours or 30 minutes.
- LED indicator lights for fan settings.
- Oscillation can be turned on and off.
- Comes with a remote control.
- Minimal assembly required.
- Oscillation can be turned on or off
- Small and easy to carry as it is only 35 inches, which is 2’11”. Storage and operation are not an issue.
- It has a nighttime mode of sleeping.
- Has a timer.
- Might be a bit loud on the high setting.
- Not a lot of settings.
- There is a clicking noise when it changes direction during oscillation.
Final VerdictIt has a night mode that lowers the wind speed so as not to disturb a sleeping person, but those who do sleep with a fan on for white noise are able to adjust it to the other two settings. Lightweight and short, this makes it easy to store and move around. Depending on how loud it is, the clicking noise during oscillation might be tuned out. Definitely another one to get as it has a nighttime mode.
Number #8: Arctic-Pro Digital Screen Oscillating Tower Fan
Top Key Features
- Night Mode in which the unit can be used, but the screen is turned off.
- 80 degrees of oscillation to cover a whole room.
- Won’t take up much space.
- Engineered to generate more air with less noise.
- Three speeds, normal, nature and sleep mode
- Night mode so the user does not have to worry about abnormal nighttime room illumination or covering up the display.
- 12-hour timer
- Comes with a remote control
- Easy to assemble
- Oscillates to circulate air throughout the room.
- Takes about 10 minutes to assemble.
- Not rust resistant
- Not a lot of settings
Final VerdictNight mode is a great feature to have on any device that has a display illumination. Doesn’t take up much space, which allows for ease of storage and portability from room to room. Easy assembly is also a must. It may not have a lot of settings; I am sure there is a noticeable difference in wind output in each setting.
Number #9: Holmes Oscillating Tower Fan
Top Key Features
- Oscillates for a wide coverage area.
- An automatic timer that can be programmed for up to eight hours.
- It is a more slender fan at 6 inches wide x 6 inches thick x 32 inches in height.
- It is energy efficient and uses up to 60% less energy.
- Lightweight at 8.7 pounds.
- Being a more slender fan, it can be set nearly anywhere without having to worry about space, especially when storing it.
- Energy efficient as it uses 60% less energy.
- Lightweight, which makes it easy to carry around, as does the integrated handle.
- Plastic, so you don’t have to worry about the outside rusting.
- LED lit control panel.
- Does not come with replacement parts.
- No air ionization
- No mention of it being rust resistant in the interior.
Final VerdictAny energy efficient product is highly desirable nowadays. This particular fan is energy efficient and uses 60% less energy. It is a very lightweight fan, making it easy to move around and its size makes it even easier to store away when it is not needed. The outer shell is plastic, which makes it easy to clean by wiping it off with a cloth and the control panel is easy to see at night.
Number #10: Lasko 4000 Air Stik Ultra-Slim Fan
Top Key Features
- Small enough to fit on a desk or a nightstand at 14 inches in height.
- Takes up very little surface space.
- Comes fully assembled
- The controls are LED-illuminated
- Powerful for its size
- Small enough to take anywhere you go.
- Has a safety plug to avoid accidental electric shocks.
- Stylish and comes fully assembled and slip resistant.
- Only has two speeds, but that is all it needs at that size.
- Plastic on the outside which means all it needs to clean the outside is a soft fabric.
- The brightness of the LED lights might make it difficult for people to sleep and might need to be covered.
- No mention of it being rust resistant.
- No night mode lighting to lower the brightness of the lights.
Final VerdictA great fan for traveling or for home. It is very easy to store due to the fan’s size, providing it doesn’t get lost due to the size. There might be some who want more settings, but two is enough for it. It has slip resistant feet for secure footing and is only two and a half pounds. If it had an air ionizer and a night mode for the lighting, then it would be absolutely perfect.
Why You Should Not Pick the Wrong Brands
If there’s a brand of tower fan that you should avoid, then it would have to be New Air. Its AF-310 tower fan with evaporation cooling is one of the poorly rated tower fans on Amazon.com. Many reviewers indicate that it isn’t a quiet room fan, which could explain why the product has a pedestrian 3-star average rating on Amazon.com. Also, the company is being criticized on Amazon.com for their poor customer service. A bad tower fan will unexpectedly decrease the beauty of your house. The sound that it produces can ruin your sleep.
There’s no denying that an air conditioner is the best way to cool down your room. But it isn’t the most energy efficient. With a tower fan, you can lower the temperature in your room. Cheap tower fans can push hot air out of a room. Thus you don’t have to be irritated and sweaty. Aside from being energy efficient, a tower fan is a lot more silent when in operation than electric fans. These quiet fans for home use are designed not to disturb people in their sleep or conversations. Moreover, you can save a lot of space at home when you buy a tower fan. Most tower fans have a slim, space-saving design. These appliances also have a contemporary look and can enhance the surrounding in your home or office. When it comes to best tower fan, Dyson is definitely the best. However, you will have to shell out a lot of money to be able to get a Dyson tower fan. If budget is a concern, you may settle for other cheaper brands like Honeywell, Holmes, and Seville. Whatever brand you choose, there’s only one thing definite— by adding a tower fan in your home or office, you can make your space more comfortable especially in the summer without paying a lot for your energy bills.