We all need to have a cool and calm time when carrying out our activities whether in our homes or at our workplaces. This is especially necessary with the fact that the global temperatures are increasing with every passing day. This calls for the need of a fan but it becomes hard when you are tasked with selecting the best quiet fan for you as there are thousands of them out there. However, Top Cooling Fan have dedicated this article to give you a guide to selecting the best quite fan that will make your work and relaxation time more enjoyable.
Our Editor’s Choice #1: The Vornado 630 Mid-Size Whole Room Air Circulator Fan
When you want an effective and efficient fan, the Vornado 630 provides a gentle and cool breeze that creates a calming cooling effect within the room. It gives a unique air circulation as it has a deep-pitched blade design which can push the air to up to 70 feet. This fan has a relative quiet operating sound where a soft humming sound is produced when it has been set to its maximum speed. The white noise produced by the motor within the high quality plastic casing is only noticeable if you are too close to the motor which to some extent can sooth your way into a good sleep.
- At Highest Speed Setting Mode: 61 dB
- At Lowest Speed Setting Mode: 53 dB
- Average Airflow as CFM: 1000 CFM
- It has three-speed settings which range from low, medium and high. These can be adjusted depending on the size of the room.
- Cleaning the fan has been made fairly easy as the front cover is removable. A vacuum cleaner can perfectly serve this purpose.
- It has passed the safety test and has been certified for a warrantied use within the U.S.
- Easily portable and mobile as it only measures a diameter of 12 inches. It can be carried and placed in areas with small spaces such as desks.
- The fan is very easy to clean as the front latch is detachable. You can use a vacuum cleaner to get the dust particles attached to the blade and easily clean it off with a towel.
- It has a very low noise even at its maximum speeds making it very efficient for quiet places such as offices and bedrooms.
- It has a low power consumption as it has a power system rating of 120volts/60 hertz.
- The Vornado cannot be mounted to a wall as it has only been built to rest on a horizontal and flat surface.
- It does not have a rotating head, therefore, the air blows in one direction. This fan is best used in a small to the mid-sized room such as a kitchen or bedroom where it will be most effective and efficient.
Number #2: The Rowenta VU5670 Pedestal Fan
When looking for a combination of excellence and technology, the Rowenta VU5670 Turbo Silence Stand Fan offers just that. This best pedestal fan offers a consistent and strong airflow of up to 2436 cubic feet per minute with its 5 blades which makes it perfect for cooling a room. It has been fitted with an operating panel which gives you an automatic timer enabling you to adjust the time it is on. The energy saving modes reduce its airflow to its most energy efficient point.
- At Highest Speed Setting Mode: 57 dB
- At Lowest Speed Setting Mode: 40 dB
- Average Airflow as CFM: 1500 CFM
- The Rowenta VU5670 is extremely silent and produces close to no sound on all its speed settings.
- It operates on a 5-speed setting with a night mode (best for falling asleep) and a turbo boost for maximum efficiency.
- It has a solid base which offers much stability even on its maximum speeds.
- It offers convenience with its adjustable height of up to 54 inches and can be operated from a distance with its sleek and compact remote control.
- Has powerful airflows to all areas in a room with its oscillating stand which push the air at about 2436 cubic feet per minute.
- Offers the best ultimate operational silence which makes it suitable for extremely quiet places such as libraries and sleeping nights.
- Offers great convenience as it can be remotely controlled from any point with the room it is being used in.
- It’s oscillating head and 5 blades make it efficient in hot and summer seasons as it has the capability of powerful air circulations.
- The front cover is not removable and thus makes it difficult to clean the blades and in some cases, the front cover has been found to rust.
- It does not offer a storage set for the remove and can, therefore, get misplaced or easily lost.
Number #3: Rowenta VU2531 Table Fan
The Rowenta VU2531 fan offers an efficient cooling effect for anyone working behind a desk. It is very light as it is completely made of plastic except for the front cover which is made of a wire cage. It offers convenient mobility as it comes with a built-in handle for easy transportation and shifting within a room.
- At Highest Speed Setting Mode: 55 dB
- At Lowest Speed Setting Mode: 38 dB
- Average Airflow as CFM: 1500
- It has a stable flat base that makes it easy and stable to place it on any levels on a desk or bedside table.
- It has an oscillating 12-inch head which is controlled by a manual dial on its base offering a cool breeze effect within a room.
- The 5 blades have the ability to provide a circulating airflow of up to 1,695 cubic feet per minute.
- The 4-speed setting offers low to high air circulations where the noise levels are compared to those produced in a library in all settings including the turbo boost function.
- The Rowenta VU2531 offers very low noise levels which makes it suitable for low noise rooms such as libraries.
- It is made of a fairly light material which makes it easy and fast to assemble after purchase.
- Its ability to oscillate and move at an angle of 90 degrees guarantees its efficiency in air circulation in a room.
- Just as with the previous model, the Rowenta VU2531 cannot be mounted on the wall as its base is designed for a flat horizontal surface.
- The plastic casing has in some occasions proven to be weak and can easily break if it falls from a higher level.
Number #4: Vornado 783 Whole Room Air Circulator
Standing tall in a sleek black color, the Vornado 783 fan creates a unique air flow at home or at work. It comes at a fair price of about $125.41 where it has been certified after passing all the regulation tested within the US.
- At Highest Speed Setting Mode: 55 dB
- At Lowest Speed Setting Mode: 48 dB
- Average Airflow as CFM: 750 CFM
- The Vornado 783 provides low noise levels when it is operating at its highest capacity.
- Operates on a 3-speed control which ranges from low to high giving operational options for all environments.
- Its deep pitch blades create a cooling effect with its 1550 revolutions per minute which can offer air circulation of up to 100 feet away.
- The Vornado 783 uniquely offers an adjustable head which can rotate on its stand creating a multi-directional airflow effect.
- Its height can easily be adjusted from 29 inches to 40 inches depending on the room space and size.
- The front cover or grill can be easily removed making it convenient for cleaning the blades and wiping off any accumulated dust.
- Its sleek black color gives it a unique look and design making it easy to blend in a home or office.
- The Vornado 783 produces much circulation power even on its lowest setting making it very efficient.
- Produces some unwanted noise at its highest speed setting and thus cannot be used in a highly quiet area.
- Some instability on the stand is experienced when moving the fan which is an unwanted desire in a fan.
Number #5: The Holmes HAPF624R-UC Fan
When looking for a small portable fan, the Holmes HAPF624R provides one of the best options. It has a convenient handle which makes it easy to move and carry around as well as its small size and weight making it easy to place it in small spaces while still providing an efficient air flow. It has a black plastic casing and a metal cage, assembled in the US, that protects the blades from damage as well as assisting in increasing airflow efficiency.
- At Highest Speed Setting Mode: 60 dB
- At Lowest Speed Setting Mode: 50 dB
- Average Airflow as CFM: 420 cfm
- The Holmes HAPF624R-UC has a technological advancement as it has a programmable timer feature of up to 8 hours.
- Its control settings can be operated from a remote control which can be used anywhere within the room.
- The front cover or grill has a special feature as it rotates when the fan is operational to provide an increased airflow by a quarter.
- It provides storage for its power cord at the back making it uniquely different from the other types. •The sleep and breeze modes offer a variety of functions.
- It has a detachable front cover which makes it easy for cleaning and dusting.
- The remote controller provides much comfort and convenience as the fan can be operated from any point within the room.
- The fan size is 12 inch in diameter making it easy to place on small spaces or tight corners as it takes up very little space.
- The Holmes HAPF6249-UC has not been designed for outdoor activities and hence may be ineffective in an open area.
- Its operating system has a beeping sound on the control buttons that cannot be removed and hence may be uncomfortable to use it in such cases.
Number #6: Kaz Honeywell HY-280 Quiet Set Tower Fan
This unique type of fan offers a wider range of air circulation options with its 8-speed settings and tower structure. Made of plastic materials, it is very light weighing at 9.35 lbs. at a price of about $63 in the market.
- At Highest Speed Setting Mode: 63 dB
- At Lowest Speed Setting Mode: 58 dB
- Average Airflow as CFM: 650
- The Kaz Honeywell HY-280 is equipped with a handle to allow its mobility and easy movement from one point to another.
- The remote control offers comfortability and convenience as it reduces the need to manually control it. • It boasts of a touch button control system supported by a digital display system making it efficient to use.
- It stands at a height of 40 inches tall.
- This model includes an automatic shut off timer which switches it off after the desired time of use of up to 8 hours.
- The 8-speed settings offer a quiet airflow movement which is suitable for any room such as an office or bedroom.
- It contains a temperature setting option where it goes off after the desired temperature level is achieved raising its convenience.
- The ability to use a remote control makes it very easy to use as you can switch it on and off from the comfort of your chair or bed.
- The plastic material used to build it makes it very fragile and easy to break whenever it topples over.
- There have been incidents that suggest the base being unstable and hence can easily fall over on its own.
Number #7: Seville Classics UltraSlimline Tower Fan
The Seville Classics UltraSlimline fan provides a cheap and stylish home or office fan during the hot and humid seasons. It has 4-speed settings which range from high, medium low and eco creating the best breeze for you.
- At Highest Speed Setting Mode: 65 dB
- At Lowest Speed Setting Mode: 60 dB
- Average Airflow as CFM: 550
- Built with a steel metal air intake at the back for a seamless flow of air.
- A timer has been incorporated into the system to switch off the fan after a given period of time from as low as 30 minutes to 7.5 hours.
- Comes with a sleek LCD remote controller for convenient use fully equipped with 2 AAA batteries when buying a new one.
- It rotates at an angle of up to 75 degrees on either side creating a fast moving air circulation.
- It has a unique and space saving design which covers less than 1 square foot of space at the base.
- The fan operates on very low noise levels and thus can be used in any setting at home or at work.
- It is built using a metal steel casing and plastic casing on the front hence protecting any child or pet from harm.
- Very sleek and stylish and hence it can easily fit in with any furniture at home or in the office.
- The LED lighting on the control panel may be a nuisance in a dark room such as the bedroom especially when trying to catch some sleep.
- The fan has not been designed to be dismantled hence proves challenging when cleaning it. This fan proves to be safe and convenient for use at home as no harm can be inflicted on anyone despite its low height.
Number #8: Lasko Wind Curve Fan
The Lasko wind curve fan towers at a height of 42.5 inches to provide maximum efficiency in air circulation. Its main component is made of plastic and operates on a 3-speed setting which ranges from high, medium and low at a price range of about $81 in the market.
- At Highest Speed Setting Mode: 61 dB
- At Lowest Speed Setting Mode: 55 dB
- Average Airflow as CFM: 600
- It has a built-in handle for easy carrying and movement across the room.
- Its 3-speed settings provide a variety of options for use depending on the temperatures in a room.
- It has an oscillating option to create a cooling effect across the room.
- There is an inbuilt ionizer which creates an outdoor fresh air feeling.
- The height of the fan enables it to project the circulation effect to all parts of a room creating a cooling effect as the air blown first is cold.
- It is fairly quiet in all its settings and can thus be operated in a quiet home or office.
- Its small base area enables it to fit in tight corners whereas its unique design enables it to blend excellently in any room.
- The fan cannot be disassembled and thus this makes it hard to clean the blades directly.
- Ionizers emit some amount of O3 and thus this can make the air inside the house or work heavy no other ventilation system is operational.
Wrap It Up
The summer heat soars high and we all yearn for a walk on the beach or a cold fresh breeze in our own homes with our families. Given the above options, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the latter and make the best out of your time whether in your office or your home.
Latest posts by Mohiuddin Shawon (see all)
- Best Tower Fan Of 2018 (Top Five Pick) - August 24, 2018
- Installation Cost of Attic Fan - July 18, 2018
- The Top Eight Best Quiet Fans For Peaceful Sleeping - July 8, 2018