Finding a way to efficiently and effectively cool down a large space can be a challenge especilaly during hot summer. The first solution that will likely pop into most people’s minds is to get an air-conditioning unit. Getting an air-conditioner for your home or office is very expensive if we consider their initial cost and running electricity cost. So, we can say this appliance isn’t exactly a realistic option for everyone.
So, what’s the alternative?
Well, the next machine that we consider as the best alternative for AC is traditional fans. But it is difficult to find types of fan that will fulfill your cooling needs best?
Ceiling fans can cover plenty of areas, but they can be lacking in the cooling department. Industrial fans can cool down any room, but they can be noisy and ill-fitting inside an enclosed space.
Pedestal fans are another good choice for authentic fan lovers. They are affordable and powerful. They are powerful enough to keep a large room cool without taking too much space or making too noise like other fan. Just set one up in the corner where you like to place it, turn it on, and let it do its job without any worry.
Finding the best pedestal fan for your home or office is a hectic task because there are too many models you may detect in an online store.
To minimize your pedestal fan search, after expending hundreds of hours, we have listed and reviewed some of the best fans that you can trust.
Top 10 Best Pedestal Fans in the Market
Number #1: Rowenta VU5551 Stand Fan
It is one of the costly fans and so anyone can think is it the price justified? Being an expert on this field, we say yes this pedestal fan is worth to buy and also it is one of the best oscillating pedestal fan. Every part of this fan is very sturdy, especially the wide base of this fan is made such that it can carry the whole weight of the fan without wobbling. You can easily access the control panel of this fan as it is found at an unusual angle.
Talking about performance, Rowenta VU5551 offers four-speed setting options and it allows us to find the best suitable air flow. No other pedestal fan can beat the speed of this fan as it offers the highest CFM rated pedestal fan. Its CFM rating is 2436 Cu. Ft./Min which means it can move air in a 2436 cubic feet area in a minute. The lowest speed options are nice, soothing, and ideal for those days when you need just a bit of air to keep you comfortable.
One more bonus is the lack of noise. For a fan of this power, it’s surprising to discover that it doesn’t make much noise. That quality makes it an ideal fit inside rooms where work is being done or where people are trying to sleep.
- It works quietly and does great in moving air.
- It is a feature-filled product that does a lot of functions.
- It is a powerful fan.
- It comes with a good physical appearance that makes it look great with any furniture.
- It is solid and comes with a stable base.
- The grills tend to rust.
- It is a little hard to maintain.
Our Editor’s Choice #2: Vornado 783DC Air Circulator Fan
Best features of this Vornado air circulator fan is it is come up with a 10 years’ warranty which is the highest offeered by any other fan manufaturig brands. It can move air around 100 feet. One of the main benefits of this pedestal fan is it not only deliver cool air flow but also circulate air in the room efficiently. So, you don’t have to stand in front of the fan to feel the air rather the cool air is circulating everywhere. This fan is not as powerful as our winner Rowenta VU5551, but yet the price of Vornado 783DC is more than it. As it is assembled in the USA, it is built to meet the voltage and frequency standard of the USA.
- It works better than regular fans. It is so powerful that some users compare its air flow with tornado, making it suit its name Vornado.
- Being energy efficient, this product is likewise good for the environment.
- It does great in circulating the air. It can even replace a ceiling fan due to its ability to keep the air balanced.
- It tends to produce a little noise compared to other Vornado items, although tolerable.
- Because it specifically meets the U.S. voltage requirements, users should be extra careful when using it with external devices. Improper use could lead to various mishaps.
Our Editor’s Choice #3: Vornado VFAN Sr. Pedestal Vintage Air Circulator Fan
Right away after Vornado 783DC, we have brought another Vornado fan. This Vornado air circulator is almost double the price Rowenta pedestal fan. Also, it is more expensive then Vornado 783DC.
Like Vornado 783DC, this fan is also very attractive and any love to get it. It gives off some definite retro vibes, and they are very welcome. It is a multidirectional fan because it comes with full action pivot head. You can easily adjust the head with a touch of fingers.
The functionality of this Vornado VFan is almost akin to Vornado 783DC. Like 783DC, it comes up with three-speed setting option and it moves the cool air and circulates it around the whole room.
- It is powerful yet it works quietly. Such traits rarely combine; and when they do, the result is unexpectedly great.
- It generally functions well. Its adjustable height and other great features allow it to provide good-quality air and balance its distribution.
- Made of metal, the product appears like it could last a long time. It also has a vintage look that appeals a lot to various customers.
- It is challenging to adjust and assemble. While the product comes with instructions, the actual setting it up is hard.
- It does not come with a remote, which can be frustrating for a number of users.
Number #4. Lasko 1843 Pedestal Fan
Lasko 1843 is one of the best-selling pedestal fan of Amazon. It also comes up with a very attractive price tag. Although the look of this pedestal fan isn’t as good as our top three but still this Lasko pedestal fan offers some of the eye-catching features that can’t be ignored.
One will not believe who a pedestal fan at this price offers so much power and feature. Combination of three-speed setting, adjustable height, tilt function, and oscillation make this fan best in the business.
- It comes at a reasonable price.
- It is powerful enough to provide great air circulation.
- Having a programmable timer provides more convenience to its users.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- It is durable and long-lasting.
- It produces a little noise that can cause inconvenience to its users.
- Plastic is not the best when it comes to quality.
- The motor and blades tend to be out of balance.
Number #5. Air King 9420 Pedestal Fan
Air King 9420 will be a perfect fan for those who are looking for a durable pedestal fan. This fan is more long lasting then Lasko 1843 as it is constructed with power coated steel. But, the price of Air king 9420 pedestal fan almost triples the price of Lasko 1843.
It is so much powerful that it is only seemed to use in industries. Its CFM rating is 3670 which means it beats the CFM rating of our winner Rowenta VU5551.
This fan is best suited for larger rooms, though it can still work well inside a living room or bedroom especially during the summer. The steel makes this fan extra durable, though you will need to take extra care when cleaning it.
Just like Lasko 1843, this fan is not for those people who can’t tolerate noise. They’ll just end up being more irritated than relaxed by it.
- It is very easy to put together.
- It is strong enough to move a lot of air even at the lowest setting.
- It is easy to angle or move in a certain direction.
- It also works great in outdoor areas.
- It comes at a reasonable price.
- While it claims to work quietly, it tends to be a little loud (but tolerable) for household use.
- It is a bit heavy and may not be a perfect choice if you want to move it around.
- It tends to rust.
Number #6. Vornado 6803DC Air Circulator Fan
If you are looking for an energy efficient pedestal fan, then Vornado 6803DC will be the perfect choice for you. It combined with brushless dc motor and study proved that this kind of motor use 80% less energy than normal motors. It can move cool air up to 85 feet where other two Vornado pedestal fans in our list (Vornado 783DC and Vornado VFan) can move air up to 100 feet.
Other than this, functionality and other features of this fan very similar to this too.
- It functions well. It works quietly and provides utmost comfort to its users by distributing the air completely and evenly.
- It is aesthetically beautiful. Its vintage look catches the taste of numerous customers.
- It is a powerful product yet it has the capacity to work quietly.
- It is solid and durable.
- It has good overall quality.
- It is challenging to put together.
- It has minor safety issues; little fingers could get in it.
- It has no remote.
Number #7. Honeywell HS-1655 Stand Fan
Another cheapest pedestal fan in our list. This is also not good looking like other top pedestal fan. But surprisingly, it come with 5 speed setting option and it is very powerful in nature. The remote and sleep timer feature is very convenience to use.
Honeywell has a very good reputation for manufacturing quality products.
But, however, there are still some issues that the user of this fan encountered. It has a tendency to wobble when it is running at the highest settings. The manufacturers probably would have been better off using stronger materials for this pedestal fan. There’s also a bright light from this fan that can be quite disruptive in a dark room. This pedestal fan may have been designed to provide nothing but relaxing cooling, but some design flaws prevent it from doing so.
- It works quietly, which benefits users who are highly sensitive to noise.
- It offers five-speed levels that allow it to cater to the different needs of its various users.
- It is easy to use and assemble; thanks to the user manual that comes with it.
- Its adjustable height and the instructions that come with it enables the product to provide more convenience to its users.
- It is affordable.
- It uses plastic, which is not the best material in terms of quality.
- While it generally works quietly, it may not be quiet enough for some users.
- While it is a strong fan, its maximum speed may not be strong enough for some users.
Number #8: Best Choice Products Oscillating Pedestal Fan
It is the only fan in our top 10 list that builds with dual blade design. It comes with one large and one small fan blades which ensure more power and more satisfying airflow. Furthermore, it runs silently. Like other pedestal fans, this also has variable speed setting option, 180-degree oscillation, tilt function, 10-inch height adjustable and remote control. The control panel is placed in a perfect position and clear and easy to read and operate.
This fan required some assembly after unboxing it. This task may trouble you a little bit as the instruction given in the user manual is not clear. So, you may face difficulty assembling it.
- Affordable price
- Powerful, come up with dual blades
- Durable as the construction is solid
- Easy to clean
- Require some assembly which is not easy
- Difficult to reassemble it after cleaning
- Light is bright at night
- Beeping sound when changing the setting will irrigate you
Number #9: Honeywell HS-1655 Stand Fan
Honeywell has a good reputation in fan industries. Their fans price is always cheap. As we expected, the price of this Honeywell fan is also affordable and you only need to expend 40$ for this fan.
The speed setting, remote control and auto shut off timer are very convenient to use. There is also an extra speed setting only for white noise. And this setting is perfect for sleeping.
The only problem you face if you purchase is it will become slow after 4 to 6 months of use. Because it doesn’t have a good quality motor bearing. You need to fix by disassembling the fan and oiling the bearing with machine oil after cleaning the motor properly.
- Price is cheap
- Very easy to maintain and clean.
- Very easy to reassemble
- Stable and doesn’t wobble
- Quiet in nature
- Not very powerful even on the high-speed setting
- Beeping sound is loud
- Lights are too bright
Number #10: Lasko 2535 Pedestal Tower Fan
Lasko is one of the best fan manufacturing company and they are doing their good work for a century. The combination of tower and pedestal fan make this fan look unique and special. If your house is very luxuries and you need a cooling fan for it, this pedestal fan will fit perfectly in your place. It is very easy to control as the control system of this fan is placed at the top of the fan.
One complains about the performance of this pedestal fan as because it featured with variable speed setting option and wide range of oscillating. It doesn’t blow air very fast as our winner Rowanta VU5551. But, the airflow is still enough to make you comfortable at night while you are sleeping. Moreover, it doesn’t a huge noise while running.
- Doesn’t take huge space. We can say it is a space saving device.
- Quiet in operation
- Great slim and sleek look
- Lightweight and easy portable fan
- Easy to assemble
- It became dirty very quickly
- Not very powerful
- The remote controller is primitive
Wrap it Up
Hopefully, the reviews above have given you the info you need to determine which one is the best pedestal fan for you. Whether you value power, looks, or efficiency the most, there is a pedestal fan out there that will suit you.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Top 10 Pedestal Fan
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: