Spending a single moment without any sort of cooling system in home or office is literally impossible, particularly, during the hot summer season. It will become even hard to stay indoors if you live in the hottest cities or states in the world. In these areas, having an air conditioner is not a luxury but a necessity. But, everyone can’t bear the expenses of an air conditioner since they are very expensive. Moreover, it’s very tough to afford the regular maintenance cost as you need to hire an HVAC expert for this. Furthermore, you have to pay a very high electricity bill to run it.
What will be the best alternative to this appliance? Well, you can use a fan if you can’t afford an air conditioner. Price of a fan is more reasonable than AC. Furthermore, it consumes less power than an air conditioner.
Most people always look for a fan that can oscillate because oscillating fans can circulate air far better than a normal fan that can’t oscillate.
Choosing an oscillating fan for your house is very challenging. Because there are so many fans available in the market.
Here we have brought some of the best oscillating fans after reading countless customer reviews.
Quick Looka At Top 10 Pick
Types of Oscillating Fan Available In Market
1. Tower Fan
Tower fans are tall, slim and stylish. They are the most popular oscillating fans for household use. Tower fans are not the fastest among the oscillating fan type. But, it offers so many attractive features that make it special and people can’t help but buy it. Features like unique design, lightweight, easy control, less noisy and easy clean make them the first choice for many fan lovers.
2. Wall-Mounted Fan
If you have very limited space in your home, then a wall mounted fans will be perfect for you. People purchase this kind of fan for their office, basement or garage. Because one may not able to manage enough space to place a bulky oscillating fan in those areas that we mentioned. They can oscillate 180 degree. Furthermore, they are so much power that they are capable to circulate air in the whole room.
3. Pedestal Fan
Features, functionality and air flowing mechanism of the pedestal fans are very much akin to tower fans. But, pedestal fans are not good looking as a tower fan because they are very bulky. It is hard to find a perfect and suitable space to place a pedestal fan. However, they are more durable and powerful then tower fan.
4. Misting Fan
You often see this type of fan in outdoor or industries where surrounding air likely to become dry very quickly.
Misting fans flow air like a normal fan but it sprays tiny mist droplets of pure water. These tiny water droplets come out from misting nozzles. These water would make you wet because the tiny water droplets evaporate very quickly and reduce the temperature promptly. Low or mid-pressure misting fans are perfect for household use as they can cover a large size room without any trouble.
5. Desk Fan
You may find a desk fan in an office table or rooming table. Desk fans are very small in size. So, anyone who bought a desk fan can place it easily on a desk or table. They are less powerful then tower fan or pedestal fan but the air it flows is perfect for a person as they are specially designed for a single person.
Top 10 Best Oscillating Fan For Home Or Office
There are tons of different model oscillating fans on the market. These are just 10 of the best oscillating fans that you can trust. We have expended huge time labor to find these fan. We read countless customer reviews on Amazon, eBay, and Home Depot to write this top 10 oscillating fan review.
Number #1: Rowenta VU5551 Oscillating Pedestal Fan
- Engineered with Extra Powerful and Quiet Blade
- German Technology
- Adjustable Height
4.7 Out of 5
One of the best pedestal fan of this year
Without any doubt, Rowenta VU5551 is the best oscillating fan for a large size room. It has the highest CFM rating among our top 10 oscillating fans. Rowenta VU5551 pedestal fan effortlessly covers a room of 450 square feet. It come with an adjustable height feature and this feature will help you to direct the airflow of the fan according to your comfortable height. You can extend the fan height up to 54 inches.
The four-speed mode allows us to control the airflow of the fan according to our comfort and need. On highest speed setting, it flows a huge blast of air like a tornado. And at low-speed setting, it offers a nice and mild breeze like sea air.
You can clean this pedestal fan without facing too many difficulties. It’s very easy to disassemble the fan grill.
- On high-speed mode, the fan produces the sound of 58 DB. It is same level of sound produced by our runner up oscillating fan Seville Classic Ultra Slim Line Fan.
- Price of Rowenta VU5551 almost twice the price of our runner-up fan.
- It has the highest cfm among our top 10 roundup
- The grill of this fan is rustic. You have to be careful not to wet the grill while cleaning the blades with water.
– offers a very powerful breeze
– easy to clean
– simple to disassemble
– adjustable height
– unique design
– the high-speed setting can be noisy
– short power cord
– remote control doesn’t shut it down
– be careful not to wet the grill
Number 2: Seville Classic Ultra slimline Tower Fan
- Steel air intake front grille
- User-Friendly Control Panel
4.4 Out of 5
Ultra slimline tower fan of Seville Classic is our runner-up. It is voted as the best oscillating tower fan based on customer reviews. Also, it is highlighted as the best fan on trusted review website like “The Wire Cutter”.
This masterpiece is specially designed for quiet fan lovers. The Seville UltraSlimline oscillating tower fan is very popular for its unique design and quiet air flowing performance. The Seville can oscillate around up to 75°. Its footprint is not bulky like Rowanta VU5551 pedestal fan. You can place it anywhere in your bedroom or living room without facing too much problem.
It has built-in auto shut-off timer which is specially designed to save electricity bill. The front grill of this oscillating fan is steel. This steel air steel intake front grill makes it look very unique. The control panel is very easy to use and understand. Moreover, you can use the remote control to operate when you are far away from the fan.
- Noise scale of Ultra slimline is 58 DB on high-speed setting mode; a little bit higher than our winner Dyson.
- It creates clicking sound while it oscillates. Definitely, this clicking sound will annoy you. But, you will not notice it after some time. However, you can use it turning off the oscillation of the fan.
- The footprint is not bulky. It can fit comfortably anywhere you want since it comes with a tiny base.
– small compact design
– offers a powerful breeze
– simple to assemble
– modern and stylish
– don’t have to worry about touching blades
– LCD is clear to read
– the highest setting can be noisy
– has a remote although it is bulky and big
– hard to see without the light
– can sometimes produce a clicking sound when it oscillates
Number #3: Dyson AM07 Tower Fan
- Air Multiplier Technology
- 2 Years Warranty
- Bladeless Fan
- Air Ionizer
4.5 Out of 5
Amazon Choice and Top Cooling Fan Editor Choice
The Dyson Am07 is the first smart oscillating tower fan of Dyson tower fan family. It comes with tons of advanced features and some of them are so unique that you will not find these features in other fans. A question may arise why it is not on number one spot though it’s blessed with so many advance and unique features. It’s because this Dyson oscillating fan is more expensive than an air conditioner. Many will not like to expend this much price for a fan rather buying an air conditioner. If you ignore the onetime expend of this tower fan, then it will be your first choice without any doubt. Because, it’s stylish, energy efficient, powerful and quiet in nature. It’s also well known as a bladeless fan since it doesn’t have any visible blades like traditional fans. Air is magically coming out for a hollow oval shape ring. You guest or visitor will become astounded if they haven’t seen it ever before.
Another unique feature of this fan is the air ionizer. This air ionizer of the fan attracts the air surrounding the fan towards it and then a filter purifies the air particles. This purified air then flows into the room. So, your room will always remain dust and dirt free. The fan is available in three different colors including blue, black and silver. It comes with 10-speed mode. No other oscillating fans in our top 10 list has that much speed setting. More speed setting options means more freedom to set airflow according to your comfort.
- It engineered with air multiplier technology. Dyson am07 oscillating fan uses the physics of inducement and entrainment of Fluid Dynamics to flow the air without any spinning blades. This technology ensures smooth airflow in the whole room without any interruption.
- The fan is so powerful that you will feel the movement of air each and every corner of a large size bedroom or living room.
- It creates the 55 DB (decibel) noise at the highest speed mode, which is the lowest of all in the roundup.
– one of the most stylish fan designs
– very simple to clean
– easy to put together
– economically and environmentally friendly
– quieter than other typical models
– very energy efficient
– a great attraction with guests
– safe for kids because it is bladeless
– Very expensive
– may not be very powerful for larger rooms
– has a plastic finish
Number 4: Lasko T42951 Wind Curve Oscillating Tower Fan
- Built-in Air Ionizer System
- Wind Curve Front Profile
4.2 Out of 5
Featured As “Amazon Choice” On Amazon.com
Lasko T42951 formerly known as Lasko 2551 is one of the best selling oscillating tower fan of Amazon. People loved this fan since it’s available at a surprisingly low price. One may ponder that this fan lacks quality features. But, surprisingly it comes up with tons of features like other expensive have.
We didn’t like the plastic body of this fan as it seems very cheap. In spite of that, it looks amazing thanks to its wind curve front profile which give it a unique and interesting look.
It has unique features like a programmable thermostat, multi-speed setting, and air purifier. Each and every feature work fine. This fan is powerful but it’s a bit noisy.
The control panel works perfectly but it looks cheap. It doesn’t have digital display rather it comes with cheap indicator light.
- Lasko is one of the renowned fan manufacturers. They are reputed to make budget-friendly but high-quality fans for the household.
- Programmable thermostat is one of the highlighting features of this Lasko tower fan.
– offers very good airflow
– quieter than a typical fan
– easy to use
– helps purify the air
– remote only works in short range
– light can be too bright at night time
Number #5: Dyson AM08 Air Multiplier Pedestal Fan
- Air Multiplier Technology
- Made in the USA
4.2 Out of 5
Most Stylish Pedestal Fan For Modern Home
Dyson AM08 is the only bladeless oscillating pedestal fan in our list. It has almost the same features as the Dyson AM07 tower fan. But the design of this fan is not as good as Dyson AM07.
This fan is a little bit pricier than Dyson AM07.
Like Dyson AM07, this fan also has oscillation control, sleep timer, 10-speed setting mode, and remote control features.
This fan is also quit in operation and powerful.
- It made of brushless motor. This kind of motor is quieter than a conventional fan motor.
- The motor is encased in a fine-tuned casing which reduces vibration when it’s running.
- It got the Quiet Mark Award by Noise Abatement Society.
– very aesthetic looking design
– efficient and practical
– quieter than other fans
– no hard spinning blades
– No choppy air
– air multiplier technology
– made in USA
– more expensive than typical fans
– not many controls on the fan itself
Number #6: Dyson AM06 Air Multiplier Table Fan
- Air Multiplier Technology
- Adjustable Tilt
- 2 Years Warranty
4.5 Out of 5
Featured as “Amazon Choice” On AMAZON.COM
The Dyson am06 air multiplier table fan is probably the top rated oscillating table fan. They are made with luxury and come with advanced quality features like Dyson AM07 and Dyson AM08 that are also in our top 10 list. This table fan is really very easy and convenient to use. Although it can be costly, many opt to buy it neglecting the price. Because anyone will love the design and power it offers.
You will not find any table fan which is so much quiet as this one. It is very lightweight. So, you can move it from one table to another very easily. Undoubtedly, It’s perfect for a luxury office.
- Dyson AM06 is almost carbon copy of Dyson AM07 Air Multiplier Tower Fan. The design, features, and functionality are very much akin to other Dyson fans.
- The remote control works perfectly. The back of the remote is magnetized. So you can keep it on the fan.
– cool unique design
– nice air flow
– very easy to assemble
– Easy to clean
– has a tilt feature for better angle in particular direction
– ten-speed setting
– tends to be very expensive
– plastic finishing
Number #7: Lasko 1843 Oscillating Pedestal Fan
- No Tools Needed for Assembly
- Adjustable Tilt
4.1 Out of 5
Number 1 Best Seller On AMAZON.
With an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars, Lasko 1843 fan has remained consistent over the years and maintained just enough satisfaction to the buyers.
This fan is the perfect fan for the individual or family looking to get a decent item at a decent price. Price of this pedestal fan is very low. We can say, it is the cheapest oscillating pedestal fan. The fan is easy to assemble. No additional tools are needed to assemble it.
The Lasko 1843 oscillating pedestal fan is slightly louder than other fans. However, it offers a variety of cool and convenient features. It offers a sleep timer for the user’s convenience. Also, it offers a remote control that’s very easy to use. The adjustable tilt is a unique and interesting feature that you may find in an oscillating fan rarely.
– helps move the air around well
– convenient sleep timer
– Easy to clean
– can be very noisy
– plastic blades which may be less durable
– fan may wobble on high setting
Number #8: Hunter 90400 Portable Table Fan
- All Metal Body
- Nickel Finishing
- No Assembly Needed
4.1 Out of 5
Durable as it is fully constructed with metal
The Hunter portable table fan is completely made of steel. Not only the outer body but also the blades are made of steel. Metals give it a unique and interesting look. It offers three different speed options including low, medium and high speed. It tends to be a little noisier than other brands, especially at high speed.
You can tilt the fan about 10 degrees for optimal comfort. It oscillates well however not more than 85 degrees. It is a great fan for small rooms or even a basement or attic area. It is especially great for individuals or families who need something easy and convenient as there is no assembly required.
– constructed of metal
– very durable
– very easy to clean
– simple yet unique design
– offers a good airflow
– slightly too powerful at high-speed setting
– too noisy at high speed
– only offers a few speed options
– can be hard to move because of its heavy weight.
Number #9: Lasko 4911 Tower Desk Fan
- Doesn’t Need Assemble
- Weight Only 2 Pound
4.0 Out of 5
Best Portable Desk Fan as it is lightweight
Lasko 4911 is not that advanced in features like other desk fans. But still, it is a great fan for small rooms or offices. Because the price of this desk fan is very reasonable.
It doesn’t need assembly which is a great plus. It weighs about 2 pounds that make it convenient and portable.
Although it is missing a few key features it does offer a great breeze for cooling off the room. You can place it in various place without any afford. It is perfect for offices, bathrooms and small rooms.
– low budget-friendly price
– small compact design
– lightweight and easy to carry
– allows the air to flow in two directions
– not as powerful as other models
– can be noisy
– no automatic shut-off timer
– no remote control
– no LCD display
– small size
Things you have to consider buying Oscillating Fan
When purchasing an oscillating fan there are a number of factors to take into consideration. They are:
1. Price is often the most important factor as most people habitually want to buy something that is less costly but also high quality.
2. Another factor to take into consideration when buying an oscillating fan is to check the type of fan very carefully. Each fan type has its own advantages and disadvantages. For example, Bladeless fans are the safest option for those family who has small kids. Apart from that, they are less noisy, powerful and easy to clean. But they are very expensive. So, first, you need to make a decision which one is for you.
3. You have to calculate the size of your room or office before choosing an oscillating fan for those space. Without knowing this measurement, you can’t decide which fan will perfect for you. Because it will give you an idea about the ideal cfm rating you look for an oscillating fan. This measurement is important for measuring CFM. For a large room, you need to choose a fan with a high CFM rating. Otherwise, air will not circulate in the whole room.
We have listed only 10 best oscillating fan in this roundup. You may find oscillating fan other than these that can fit your need and budget. But, whatever fan you pick, try to read the review of that fan model.