As most people would know getting through the warm summer and spring months without some sort of cooling system can be a big problem. Especially for those individuals and families living in warmer climates. Temperatures can often reach dangerous degrees causing heat stroke, dehydration, and other health issues. For most people, a cooling system is no longer a luxury but a necessity.
While air conditioners are typically one of the first things that people think about to cool down warm temperatures oscillating fans work just as well and sometimes even better. Air conditioners tend to be very expensive and come with a high cost of maintenance. Many individuals cannot afford the unit as well as the cleaning, maintenance and electrical bill that comes along with air conditioners. Oscillating fans offer a more economical and practical way to stay comfortable while also lowering your home cost and being more environmentally friendly.
Although air conditioners can do cool a room quicker and easier than a fan the low-cost effort of having a fan outweighs the benefits of the air conditioner many times. Fans work by circulating the air around the room. Stagnant air creates a warm and humid environment. The fan works to carry the hot air away and bring in a cool breeze. They also help to keep your body temperature at a normal rate so you do not get overheated. Oscillating fans work in the same typical way however they have a setting that allows the fan blades to be moved to left and right or fixed in one general location. While oscillating fans are typically the best choice there is a variety of different style of fans available. Below are just a few of the styles of fans that are most popular today.
Types of Oscillating Fan Available In Market
1. Tower Fan
Tower fans are tall and thin and offer a nice breeze to cool down a room. They are very popular especially in small confined spaces where there is not much room for a big bulky fan. Since they stand so tall and slim they are easily placed in the corner of rooms or in between furniture or desks for more ventilation. They work very well in offices or even children’s rooms where space saving is necessary.
2. Wall-Mounted Fan
Wall mounted fans are really great for small offices or rooms where having a fan on the floor is just not possible especially if you have a very small child or even a very curious pet. They are mounted on the wall to offer a nice cool breeze without taking up a lot of room. They are especially great for rooms where a lot of work is done such as a basement or garage. They are great at keeping the air circulated and cool.
3. Pedestal Fan
have been a very popular fan for a long time as they are very lightweight and easy to use. They offer a nice light breeze. The good thing about pedestal fans is they can often be adjusted in height to accommodate any style or size of room or individual. Since they are so lightweight they can be moved from room to room for the most convenience.
4. Bladeless Fan
The bladeless fan is a unique and modern fan that uses a motor to blow air instead of the typical blades that other fans offer. The bladeless fan is much quieter than a typical fan because it does not have the same blades. It is often tall and thin and comes in a variety of designs. It is typically more beneficial and also more aesthetically pleasing than other fans. It is also a great fan for those worried about cutting themselves or getting hurt on the blades.
5. Misting Fan
Misting fans are a unique and innovative fan. They are often used in outdoor spaces or areas. Misting fans work in a slightly different way than oscillating fans as they cool the air they also blow a small scatter of water which helps to decrease the temperature in the air. By keeping moisture in the air they also help to keep the body temperature more regulated and the room more cooled down.
6. Desk Fan
The desk fan is typically just a smaller version of other fans. It is ideal for small office spaces. It can be placed on top of desks or tables safely. The speed tends to be slower than a typical fan. It is a great fan for personal use and offers ease and convenience.
Review of Top 10 Oscillating Fan
Those are all of the most typical styles of fans for home, office or business use. There are tons of different oscillating fans on the market. These are just 10 of the best oscillating fans available. Each one offers its own unique features and benefits. All of them offer a different price point as well as a different look and feel.
Number #1: Rowenta VU5551 Pedestal Fan
- Engineered with Extra Powerful and Quiet Blade
- German Technology
- Adjustable Height
4.7 Out of 5
One of the best pedestal fan of this year
The Rowenta VU5551 is a great fan option for larger rooms as it can cover about 450 square feet. It is the perfect fan for large bedrooms, bigger living rooms as well as open spaces like basements or garages. It also offers an adjustable height to customize your needs and can extend to 54 inches.
The four-speed mode allows the individual to cool the room to their own comfort. The highest speed offers a large blast of air while the lowest speed offers a nice light breeze. Cleaning is a lot simpler on this van then typical Pedestal Fans. The grill offers a unique and innovative look.
- On high-speed mode, the fan produces the sound of 58 DB which is same as the sound produced by Seville Classic Ultra Slim Line Fan.
- Price of this fan almost doubles the amount of our runner-up fan.
- It has the highest cfm among our top 10 roundup
- The grill of this fan is rustic. You have to be careful not to wet the grill while cleaning the blades with water.
– offers a very powerful breeze
– easy to clean
– simple to disassemble
– adjustable height
– unique design
– the high speed setting can be noisy
– short power cord
– remote control doesn’t shut it down
– be careful not to wet the grill
Number 2: Seville Classic Ultra slimline Tower Fan
- Steel air intake front grille
- User-Friendly Control Panel
4.4 Out of 5
Ultra slimline tower fan of Seville Classic is our runner-up oscillating fan for rooms. Another masterpiece that specially designs for quiet sleeping lovers. The Seville UltraSlimline tower fan is very popular for its unique and quiet cooling effect. The Seville can oscillate around 75°. Due to the tiny frame, it is a great fan for smaller spaces. The fan also offers built-in Auto shut-off which can help save time and money. The steel air intake front grill offers a unique and beneficial design. The control panel is very easy to use.
It is a great fan for families with young babies or toddlers as the front grill is made of a unique steel design so fingers cannot be placed inside of the fan.
- Noise scale of Ultra slimline is 58 DB on high-speed setting mode; a little bit higher than our winner Dyson.
- Some customers on Amazon reviewed that it creates clicking sound while it is oscillating. But, it’s not a big drawback. But, you can turn off the oscillation of the fan whenever you go for sleeping
- The footprint is not bulky. It can fit comfortably in small space since the base diameter of this fan is tiny.
– small compact design
– offers a powerful breeze
– simple to assemble
– modern and stylish
– don’t have to worry about touching blades
– LCD is clear to read
– the highest setting can be noisy
– has a remote although it is bulky and big
– hard to see without the light
– can sometimes produce clicking sound when oscillating
Number #3: Dyson AM07 Tower Fan
- Air Multiplier Technology
- 2 Years Warranty
- Bladeless Fan
- Air Ionizer
4.5 Out of 5
Amazon Choice and Top Cooling Fan Editor Choice
The Dyson Am07 is a tower fan that seems to be one of the best fans on the market so far. It offers a special type of motor that is quieter and more cooling than other types. The bladeless features give it a unique look while also allowing it to cool off quicker.
One of the best things about this fan is the air ionizer feature that it offers. The fan works to filter out air particles and purify the room. It helps remove dust and dirt. The fan is available in three different colors including blue, black and silver. It offers a 10-speed mode so it can be set for individual comfort. The Dyson am07 tower fan offers two years of warranty as well as a lot of peace of mind.
- It engineered with air multiplier technology (which uses the physics of inducement and entrainment of Fluid Dynamics) to create smooth and powerful air flow around the whole room.
- The fan so powerful (thanks to the air multiplier technology) that you will feel the movement of air, even though, you are standing or sitting in the corner.
- It creates the 55 DB (decibel) noise at the highest speed mode, which is the lowest of all in the roundup.
- The backside of the remote control is well magnetized to keep it safely on the fan’s steel casing.
– one of the most stylish fan designs
– very simple to clean
– easy to put together
– economically and environmentally friendly
– quieter than other typical models
– very energy efficient
– a great attraction with guests
– safe for kids because it is bladeless
– Very expensive
– may not be very powerful for larger rooms
– has a plastic finish
Number 4: Lasko 2551 Wind Curve Tower Fan
- Built-in Air Ionizer System
- Wind Curve Front Profile
4.2 Out of 5
Featured As “Amazon Choice” On Amazon.com
This is one of the best fans if you are in search of a cheaper alternative for cooling off your home. It is also a quieter fan than most and much quieter than air conditioning. Many families and individuals turn to the Lasko oscillating fan because it offers a reliable product at a reasonable price. It offers a programmable thermostat which is very easy and convenient to use.
The Lasko also offers a multi-speed setting as well as a remote control for easier and more convenient use. The wind curve front profile gives a unique and interesting design. There are many pros and a few cons to this fan.
- Lasko is one of the best brands in the industry and they have reputation to development budget-friendly but high-quality fans for household.
- Programmable thermostat is one of the highlighting features of this Lasko tower fan.
– offers very good airflow
– quieter than a typical fan
– easy to use
– helps purify the air
– remote only works in short range
– light can be too bright at night time
Number #5: Dyson AM08 Air Multiplier Pedestal Fan
- Air Multiplier Technology
- Made in the USA
4.2 Out of 5
Most Stylish Pedestal Fan For Modern Home
The bladeless feature of this fan allows it to offer a very smooth and breezy air flow. It is quieter than other fans due to the lack of blades. It is a great product for home or office use. It is very easy and convenient to use and even offers a remote control. The fan offers a lot of features with up to 10 different settings.
The sleep timer is a unique and interesting feature that allows users to really control the comfort of their room. Users can use the timer to make the room cooler or warmer even when they are not in it. It has many pros and very few cons.
- It made of brushless motor. This kind of motor is quieter than a conventional fan motor.
- The motor is encased in a fine-tuned casing which reduces vibration when it’s running.
- It got Quiet Mark Award by Noise Abatement Society.
– very aesthetic looking design
– efficient and practical
– quieter than other fans
– no hard spinning blades
– No choppy air
– air multiplier technology
– made in USA
– more expensive than typical fans
– not many controls on the fan itself
Number #6 : Dyson AM06 Air Multiplier Table Fan
- Air Multiplier Technology
- Adjustable Tilt
- 2 Years Warranty
4.5 Out of 5
Featured As “Amazon Choice” On AMAZON.COM
The Dyson am06 air multiplier table fan is probably the top leading model for table fans. They are made with luxury and quality in mind while also being easy and convenient to use. Although they can be costly they do offer great design with very powerful speed. The key to the Dyson am06 is that it is much quieter and more efficient than other table fans. It offers a 10-speed setting to really adjust to each individual users comfort. It also comes with remote control for ease and convenience. The Tilt function allows the user to turn the fan to their own needs.
- Dyson AM06 is almost carbon copy of Dyson AM07 Air Multiplier Tower Fan. The design, features, and functionality are very much akin to other Dyson fans.
- Remote control work perfectly also it is magnetised to store it easily in the fan frame.
– cool unique design
– nice air flow
– very easy to assemble
– Easy to clean
– has a tilt feature for better angle
– ten-speed setting
– tends to be very expensive
– plastic finishing
Number #7: Lasko 1843 Oscillating Pedestal Fan
- No Tools Needed for Assembly
- Adjustable Tilt
4.1 Out of 5
Number 1 Best Seller On AMAZON.
The Lasko 1843 is the perfect fan for the individual or family looking to get a decent item at a decent price. Not only does it have a great price but it is also very easy to assemble and no tools are needed to assemble it. With an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars, this fan has remained consistent over the years and maintained just enough satisfaction to the buyers.
The Lasko 1843 oscillating pedestal fan is slightly louder than other fans however it offers a variety of cool and convenient features. It offers a sleep timer for the user’s convenience as well as offering a remote controller so you can change the temperature with ease. The adjustable tilt is a unique and interesting feature that not many oscillating fans offer.
– helps move the air around well
– convenient sleep timer
– Easy to clean
– can be very noisy
– plastic blades which may be less durable
– fan may wobble on high setting
Number #8: Hunter 90400 Portable Table Fan
- All Metal Body
- Nickel Finishing
- No Assembly Needed
4.1 Out of 5
Durable as it is fully constructed with metal
The Hunter portable table fan offers a great quality fan made of durable and sturdy metal. The blades are also made of metal giving it a unique and interesting look. It offers three different speed options including low, medium and high speed. It tends to be a little noisier than other brands, especially at high speed.
One unique feature about the fan is you can tilt the fan about 10 degrees for optimal comfort. It oscillates well however not more than 85 degrees. It is a great fan for small rooms or even a basement or attic area. It is especially great for individuals or families who need something easy and convenient as there is no assembly required.
– constructed of metal
– very durable
– very easy to clean
– simple yet unique design
– offers a good airflow
– slightly too powerful at high speed setting
– too noisy at high speed
– only offers a few speed options
– can be hard to move because of its heavy weight.
Number #9: Lasko 4911 Tower Desk Fan
- Doesn’t Need Assemble
- Weight Only 2 Pound
4.0 Out of 5
Best Portable Desk Fan as it is leightweight
Although the Lasko desk fan doesn’t have as high of features as some of the other models it is a great item especially for small rooms or offices. It doesn’t need assembly and it only weighs about 2 pounds making it very convenient and portable.
Although it is missing a few key features it does offer a great breeze for cooling off the room. One of the best features about the Lasko 4911 desk fan is it is very reasonably priced making it a great item for those on a budget. The small compact size allows it to fit in a variety of spaces while still looking unique and compact. It is perfect for work offices. Home offices, bathrooms and other small rooms.
– low budget friendly price
– small compact design
– lightweight and easy to carry
– allows the air to flow in two directions
– not as powerful as other models
– can be noisy
– no automatic shut-off timer
– no remote control
– no LCD display
– small size
These are just some of the best oscillating fans that are available on the market today. With so many options it is easy to find a fan to fit every need and budget. Fans are a great way for those who are looking to save money and be more environmentally conscious and friendly. They work great alone or in conjunction with other fans and air conditioning.
When purchasing an oscillating fan there are a number of factors to take into consideration.
The price is often the most important factor as many people like to find something that is both cost effective and good quality.
Another factor to take into consideration when buying an oscillating fan is if you are looking for bladeless fans or not. Bladeless fans tend to be safer especially with children or toddlers in the house and they are also easier to clean and maintain. Bladeless fans also offer less noise and more airflow capacity. They also tend to look more modern and unique adding a bit of luxury and elegance to any room.
Another thing to consider when choosing oscillating fan is the size of the room or office the fan will be cooling off. A larger office or room will require a more powerful fan. While smaller rooms can get away with simple things like a table fan or a wall-mounted fan. Although the design of the fan is not as important it is something to consider when adding a new piece to a room or office. Luckily with so many different fans and styles to choose from there really is something for everyone.
Nowadays people no longer have to suffer from warm sweaty temperatures and climates instead individuals and families can live in coolness and comfort all year long without worrying about the high cost or the impact air conditioners have on the environment or their wallet.
Latest posts by Mohiuddin Shawon (see all)
- Best Box Fan Of 2019 - March 28, 2019
- Best Tower Fan Of 2019 (Top Five Pick) - March 24, 2019
- A Cooling Comparison and Reviews of the Various Vornado Tower Fans - March 11, 2019