There’s nothing more irritating than having to spend hot afternoons at home. You may be fortunate to have a central air conditioning system at home, but there will be instances when some areas won’t get enough airflow to keep you cool. If this is the case, you may want to invest in a tower fan. In this tower fan review, you’ll learn what you should look for in a tower fan, as well as a list of some of the best fans for cooling a room. Many families are now realizing how practical it is to own a tower fan at home. It can increase air circulation in any room, but in a more cost-efficient way especially when compared to air conditioners. The best fans for summer can also help people cool down quickly, and enable airflow to reach areas better than a swamp cooler. Plus, it is a lot safer compared to an electric fan. The same scenario can be said for companies. Business owners don’t have to order for another air conditioning unit in their offices to make their corporate spaces comfortable to their employees and guests. By adding a tower fan, businesses can make their environments cooler without having to spend more on their energy bills. According to the US Department of Energy, Americans spend around $22 billion on energy bills annually to cool their homes. More than 183 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity are needed to cool down American homes with air conditioning. These statistics show the need to find more energy-efficient cooling devices like a bladeless tower fan. The good news is that there are many top-rated tower fans you can find online or in retail stores that are capable of cooling down your room without causing a spike in your electricity consumption.
What is a Tower Fan?
Of course, tower fan reviews won’t be complete without discussing what this appliance is in the first place. A tower fan is a type of cooling device that is tall and narrow. It can oscillate from left to right, and push hot air outward. Unlike an air conditioner, it doesn’t cool the air but this feature also makes it more energy efficient. It is also easy to maneuver given its lightweight design and can be carried from one room to another. Unlike the regular electric fan, a tower fan takes up minimal space. It can easily fit in corners. Plus, it doesn’t have the blades that electric fans have which makes it a good choice for families with little children. Finally, a tower fan can complement any look or feel of a room with its slim and contemporary design.
Quick Navigation Of Best Tower Fan Pick By Our Editors
Top 5 Tower Fan For Big Size Room
P.S: The Top Products are Arranged In Particular Order
Top 10 Tower Fan For Small Size Room
Features of Tower Fan That Make it the Best for Residential Use
When you go to a home appliance store, you will notice that there are lots of tower fan models to choose from. This could overwhelm you a bit, but if you know the features to look for, then you would have an easier time picking the right tower fan for your home or office.
- ★ Oscillation
- ★ Remote Control
- ★ Air Ionization System
- ★ Easy Portable
- ★ Slim and Stylish
- ★ Sleep Timer
- ★ Noiseless
One of the more important features of top tower fan is the oscillation. Sure, most tower fans oscillate, but the good ones will be able to do so at different speeds. You must also know how far the fan oscillates so that it can reach areas of the house where there’s limited airflow.
A remote control is another feature of the best fan. You would want a fan with a remote control so that you can adjust the fan’s settings or turn it off without having to go near it. Another feature that you may have to look for is a sleep timer so that the fan can automatically turn itself off after a certain period.
Moreover, the best cooling tower fan is one that can filtrate the air. This is particularly true if you or anyone of your family member especially kids are prone to allergies or have asthma. The air ionization will attract the dust or micro partials of the air (that usually harmful to our health) toward the air filter. Thus, it will purify the air by filtering it and blows the fresh air around the room. Our expert recommends to place the tower fan near the window if it has built in air ionization system.
Tower fans are very lightweight, as most of the fans body are made of plastic materials. You can move it from one room to another easily. So if large numbers of guest come to your home, move the tower fan to your living room and make the visitors comfortable in summer.
The tower fans are sleek, slim and tall. Some importantly the design of this device is unique and unparalleled. My favorite tower fan is Dyson AM07. This tower fan is amazing and extraordinary.
With the help of sleep timer or automatic timer, you can preset how long a tower fan will run. Some fan has this feature and some fan model doesn’t. You may find a tower fan that comes with sleep timer features and the time ranging between half an hour to 12 hours. If you preset a sleep timer of 7 hours, the tower fan will turn off automatically after 7 hours. Isn’t it a cool feature? It will definitely save you a lot of money by cutting your monthly electricity bill especially in summer.
Sound that produces by traditional pedestal or ceiling fan is very disturbing and one may find it very difficult to sleep, work or watch TV or movie. You can hardly hear the noise of this tower fan. Tower fan is very quieter than any type of fans. You can sleep or work in less noisy environment.
Why Choose a Tower Fan Over an AC unit or Traditional Electric Fan?
This is a common question of homeowners who have little knowledge about tower fans. The common line of thinking is that when it comes to cooling a room, you either go with an air conditioner or an electric fan. There are several good reasons why you should go for a tower fan instead of an air-conditioner. One is the savings you’ll get. You can buy a tower fan for less than a hundred bucks. On the other hand, you will have to spend more than $100 for a good AC unit. When it comes to energy efficiency, the tower fan is a lot better than an air conditioner. On the average, a traditional window AC unit uses around 3.5 kWh in an hour. Compare that to the 2.4 kWh consumption of a tower fan in 24 hours, and you can imagine how much savings you’ll get if you have a tower fan at home. Portability is another advantage of the tower fan over the AC unit. You can bring it from one room to another because it is portable, unlike the window-type AC. You may counter that an electric fan is cheaper than a tower fan. Sure, but it’s not safe especially when you have kids. Your children may get into accidents especially when they try to touch the rotating blades of an electric fan. On the other hand, a bladeless tower fan is far safer for use at home. It also doesn’t make a lot of noise, unlike an electric fan. And its slim, space-saving design allows it to be placed almost anywhere in your home.
Top 7 Best Tower Fan Brands That has Good Reputations
This is perhaps the best-known brand of tower fans. The company is a respected name in home appliances, having been established in 1978.It originally manufactured vacuum cleaners but has since then produced hand dryers, cooling fans, and hair dryers. All Dyson cooling fans are up to 75 percent quiet compared to its competitors. This makes them great choices for home use, especially in homes with babies and children. Dyson cooling fans are also
This is another company with a long tradition of producing quality coolers. Tower fans of Vornado make use of the brand’s proprietary vortex action, which allows the tower fans to circulate air more evenly.
This 30-year old company is noted for its tower fans that are energy efficient and portable. Its smallest product, the UltraSlimline 17 inch, is a personal fan that is ideal for use in dorm rooms, garage workspace, and kitchen counters. Another top product is the UltraSlimline Energy Saving tilt tower fan that can save up to 50 percent in power consumption.
Tower fans from this brand make use of the company’s patented quietest technology. There are many levels of quiet operation and oscillation. Plus, cooling fans of this brand have an auto-shut off timer. According to the company, its cooling products can help households save up to 20 percent on their energy bills.
This brand started as a manufacturer of digital houseware products. Ozeri has since they crossed over to the production of tower fans. Its cooling fans feature its patented noiseless airflow technology.
Lasko is another good brand that you can trust. It originally was a metal company in the 1900s before it went into the design and manufacture of cooling fans. Lasko tower fans are known for having advanced features like programmable timer, remote control, and widespread oscillation. There are also models with fresh air ionizer.
You can’t also go wrong when you pick a Holmes oscillating fan. One of its best sellers is the 33-inch tower fan that features a digital remote control, five oscillation settings, automatic shut off, and five-hour timer.
How We Picked These Tower Fans
Manufacturers can make a lot of claims about the tower fans that they have, obviously in the hopes of making a lot of sales. But there’s no denying the fact that customer reviews are the best sources of information about these tower fans. Thus, this review of the best fans for cooling was based mainly on customer reviews on Amazon.com. Customer reviews give us an honest opinion about a product, and Amazon.com users are known not to hold anything back against manufacturers. Thus, everything that was said about the reviews of these cooling appliances has some semblance of truth to it. Aside from customer reviews, we looked at other factors in ranking the best fans to cool a room. These include the prices of the tower fans, features, and reputation of the manufacturer. Our experts tested the each and every tower fan very closely in our lab. We use Decibel X ( a trusted iPhone software to calculate decibel noise rating) and Sound Meter ( use to calculate sound in android phone).
Top 5 Best Tower Fan for Large Bedroom or Living Room or Office
Our Editor’s Choice #1: Dyson AM07 Air Multiplier – The best quiet tower fan
The manufacturer brand value, unique and classic design, high tech features and safety really helped Dyson AM07 to get the precise “Amazon’s Choice” batch.
Like all Dyson tower fan models, the Dyson AM07 is equipped with Dyson’s Air Multiplier technology. This technology accelerates airflow through an annular aperture and drawing in surrounding air in the process for a more cooling airflow. This air multiplier Dyson AM07 stands 39 inches tall. It has 10 distinct airflow settings, thus allowing you to choose an airflow level that suits the environment. What’s more impressive is that despite its power, the Dyson AM07 is up to 60 percent quieter. This is due to its streamlined air channel, which reduces airflow turbulence. You’ll have a more restful sleep when you have this Dyson cool fan around. Any Dyson fan review will tell you that Dyson fans are energy efficient. This bladeless fan is, even more, energy efficient than previous Dyson cooling fans.
Compared to the Dyson AM02, this Dyson bladeless fan is up to 10 percent more energy efficient. You can also set this Dyson AM07 to automatically turn off after a preset time with its sleep timer. The preset intervals ranging from 15 minutes up to nine hours. The remote control is a nice addition because it would let you control the settings of the tower fan without getting up.
Moreover, it is designed to store neatly into the machine. This fan with a remote is a bit expensive, to say the least. With a retail price of around $400, the AM07 isn’t exactly cheap. The price may initially turn you off, but you can be guaranteed of the quality because it comes from arguably the best brand of tower fans. And although the remote is a very helpful feature, you should make sure not to use it. If you do, you won’t be able to use the sleep timer. However, you can still power on/off the unit and change the oscillation levels through the buttons found on the unit itself.
Top Key Features
- Powerful and Safe: It can blow powerful and uninterrupted airflow in a large room though it doesn’t have any visible blades. No visible blades mean no chance of sticking the finger into the fan blades. It’s 100 percent safe for toddler and pet.
- Easy Portable: Nearly 9 pounds’ weight and the 6.5-foot long power cord, makes it easy to carry and place in any room where you need cool airflow.
- Sleep Timer: The fan has a sleep timer which can be programmed to shut off automatically at 15,30,45,60 minutes and next hourly increment up to nine hours for the longer time period. Perfect for those who like to turn off the fan in the early morning as the outside temperature at that period is always mild cold.
- Energy Saver: this tower fan is specially complemented by Energy Star as it uses 10% less power than normal tower fan.
- Quiet in Operation: The operation of the fan is quiet as the air channels have been streamlined to reduce the turbulence of airflow. This allows the fan to operate in near silence. Dyson Am07 is nearly 60% quieter than the previous version Dyson bladeless fan (Dyson AM02). At the highest speed of this fan, the decibel rating is approximately 64 dB
- Easy to clean: It doesn’t have any visible blades. So you don’t have to unscrew the fan to clean the blades. You need to use a cloth to clean the fan outer body.
- Warranty: You will give full 2 years of warranty from the purchasing date. This really makes the price worthy. The customer care service department of Dyson is very quick and responsive.
- It is a Bladeless fan which makes it safer and makes it easier to clean.
- The remote control is curved and the back body of the remote is magnetized which makes it easy to store on the fan body. You may hardly misplace it somewhere else.
- Absolutely gorgeous looking tower fan.
- Very quiet in operation. Only you will get a white noise and scientifically white noise help us to sleep soundly.
- Very easy to assemble. Takes only few minutes to assemble all the parts of this fan.
Indeadit is one most expensive fan. More than the double price of the second highest priced fan in our top 5 roundup.
- The height is not adjustable.
- The fan filters at the base of the fan cannot be removed.
- The body of this fan made of metal but the finishing of this fan looks cheap.
Manufacturerused cheap plastic for this purpose.
Streamlined, bladeless and quiet – these features definitely make it a perfect cooling fan for your bedroom or living room. In past, people have to speak up in order to be heard someone or something over the
Our Editor’s Choice #2: Vornado 184 Air Circulator – Best Tower Fan For White Noise
We’ve mentioned how a tower fan is a more practical choice than an air-conditioning unit because it is more energy efficient. While all tower fans can cool your rooms without causing a significant hike in your energy bills, there are several models known for being very energy efficient. This Vornado 41-inch tower air circulator can effectively circulate air in the room while allowing you to conserve energy by raising the thermostat to 5 degrees and still maintain the same kind of comfort. This best Vornado fan provides a more energy efficient way of circulating the air in the room through its V-Flow circulation technology. Its contoured air outlets ensure constant air flow in a room without the need to oscillate and without any noise.
Aside from being energy efficient, there are other things that you will appreciate with the Vornado air circulator. One is that it has a long warranty. The manufacturer backs up the product with a five-year warranty that gives you peace of mind. Another thing you will like about this Vornado circulator is that it doesn’t wobble, unlike other tower fans. Its sturdy base can give it the stability to last for a long time. There are also four-speed settings to choose from, which you can activate through push-button controls. The unit also comes with a remote control, which you can store at the top of the fan. You will also be able to save through its 8-hour timer.
And the price is very much attractive. For less than $100, you can take home this fantastic cooling machine. You need to watch out for some flaws, though. One minor annoyance is that the fan won’t remember the last speed setting you had. When you turn it on, it always starts at the highest speed level. The bright LED display may be nice if you’re trying to change speed settings, but it can distract you when you’re on the bed and attempting to get some sleep.
Top Key Features
- Better Air Circulation: This Vornado air circulator fan is capable of pushing the air in the whole room (up to 100 feet). It keeps the room temperature cool for sleeping or working.
- Constant Airflow: The crosscut outlet creates a wide span of constant airflow, instead of blowing air in one spot for a few seconds like a regular oscillating fan.
- Variable Speed Setting and Timer: It comes with a tide and beautiful design remote. Using the remote control, the user can preprogram the fan to shut off auto at 1, 2,4 or 8 hours so the chances of wasting energy
isvery minimal. Also, the four-speed setting mode of this fan can be controlled with the remote. The remote also sticks magnetically at the top of the fan.
- Long Warranty: The weight of Vornado 184 is similar to Dyson Am07. But Vornado 184 has longer warranty period (Five years). Like Dyson AM07 it is a lightweight fan able to be put anywhere as it is compatible with 6-foot extension cords.
- Quiet in Nature: Operates quietly and meets U.S. voltage requirements.
- Much speedier and powerful than Dyson AM07.
- Completely circulates the air in an entire room and cools a larger area. Thanks to V-air flow technology invented by Vornado engineers.
- Strong and wobble-free base construction
- Easy to clean. Just vacuum the rear and front vents. Be sure to keep it at least 6 inches away from walls and other surfaces for air intake.
- Lightweight and has an easy carry handle.
- Has to be six inches away from walls and surfaces in order give it the best air intake.
- While it is designed to be nearly silent, it can be loud at high speeds.
- The height is not adjustable.
- Doesn’t oscillate.
Purchasing Vornado 184 air circulator fan means bringing a little tornado at your home. It blows the air like a tornado but doesn’t create that much noise. At 11 inches wide, it is easier to walk around than a box fan. No air filters mean less work to clean, just add a little extra vacuuming to your routine and you’re all set.
Number #3: Seville Classics UltraSlimline – Best Oscillating Tower Fan
If you want a cheaper alternative to the Dyson AM07 and Vornado 184, then this Seville Classic Ultra slimline will be a good option. This Seville fan has four-speed settings that you can choose from— low, medium, high, and eco-power energy saver. The eco-setting is what makes this fan different from its competitors. By activating the energy saving speed setting, you can cool a room without causing a significant hike in your energy consumption. Moreover, the tower fan won’t make any noise that can distract the people in the room.
This Seville Classics also has a timer that can be set up to 7.5 hours. There’s also a remote control and an oscillating function. It is also cheap like the Lasko 2551. This Seville Classic is sold at around $60.If you need more power than what the other tower fans offer, you can check out the Seville Classics UltraSlimline. But this Seville Classic can also frustrate you in different ways. One is that it can easily wobble when you touch it. Another disappointment is that except when it is on a low setting, the fan can be a bit noisy.
There are also complaints about the small button control of the fan requiring some force to operate. The operation isn’t as seamless as in other tower fans. It is also a bit heavy at 11 pounds thus you will have to exert some effort in moving it from one room to another.
Top Key Features
- Variable Speed Setting: This fan comes in four-speed settings (high, medium, low and Eco) which is the norm for best tower fan for home use.
- Programmable Timer: The shutdown timer is programmable from 30 minutes to 7.5 hours, only for half hour increments. The timer can be controlled by the remote controller.
- Space Saver: It has a footprint of less than one square foot. It is one of the ideal space saving and compact fan of this year.
- Easy to Clean: You can wipe down panels with a dry cloth or compressed air can or using handheld vacuums to prevent the buildup of dust particles and to extend the life of the fan.
- Quick and Powerful: Oscillates at 75 degrees to spread air around quickly and powerfully.
- Design of this fan is compact. It can be put in a corner between the couch and the end table.
- Low maintenance needed.
- Quiet in low and medium speed setting. This two setting is perfect for sleeping.
- User-friendly control system
- Don’t create
- Robust outer construction.
- While it is a quiet fan, it is not one of the quietest available
- Tends to squeak when oscillating
- Plastic hook at the back of the fan that designed to hold the remote seems to be chunky.
- It comes with only one year of warranty.
Price of this fan is cheaper than Dyson and Vornado but the feature is almost akin to both fan. Very compact, well design, speedy but quiet.
Number #4: Vornado NGT42DC
Wow. We really love the design of this fan. Full black outer body and the silver color base give this very wonderful look. Great work
Top Key Features
- Best Warranty Ever: This fan is backed by a 10-year satisfaction guarantee warranty. Not many products have warranty lasting that long.
- Energy Saver: This fan uses 80% less energy. Absolutely fantastic fan for those hot days, but want to save on electricity.
- Automatic Timer: A timer that ranges from one to twelve hours. This way it can be set to run during the hottest parts of the day, or just while you sleep and it will turn itself off automatically.
- Good Airflow: Has a feature where the user can have a wide span or a direct line of airflow. This means you can have it only on you, or change it to cool the entire room.
- Highest Speed Setting: Has 99 unique airflow settings for airflow control. One setting might not be quite the right setting, but the next
settingor two up or down could be the perfect one.
- Aesthetic look of this Vornado fan is better than Vornado 184. It is very appealing.
- Consume less energy.
- Easy to clean and has a 10-year warranty
- Can change the airflow type from direct to wide span
- Assembly of the fan parts are easy. It may take only 10 min but you have to it carefully as the parts are flimsy.
- Lightweight and compact.
- The fact that it has 99 airflow settings might be a turnoff for some people as it might seem like too much for some.
- In the event of a power outage, the fan will default to off and will need to be turned on as the controls are digital.
- Somewhat expensive for those on a low budget.
- It doesn’t oscillate.
Final VerdictOne of the more perfect fans for energy savings. While it is a higher price, the fact that it uses 80% less energy will ensure that you save more on energy in the long run. It would be great to have a fan where you can either have the airflow directly on you or have it as a wide span and cool the entire room.
Last but Not the Least: Ozeri 3X
The first impression upon seeing the picture of this fan is that it looks a lot like a speaker on a stand. Its chic design will draw the attention of anyone especially the guest or
Top Key Features
- Small in Size: Less than three inches thick. This makes it the perfect fan to go into small places, whether it be in a corner or in a small apartment.
- 3 in 1 Fan: It has three independently controllable fans and each fan has three variable speed setting. In summary, it offers total nine customizable cooling and airflow options.
- Auto shut-off Timer: Has a timer that can be programmed in 30-minute increments up to 7.5 hours. This means you can program it to cool off the house while you are at work and can turn itself off shortly before you get home.
- Noise Reduction Technology: The fan constructed with canted fan blades that produce
conversesound wave. This reduces the noise of the fan blade and the only noise coming from it should be from the airflow.
- Easy to Control: Comes with a remote control that has an extended range as well as a control panel to provide access to all the features.
- Slim and sleek design.
- The remote has an extended range, which is great for larger rooms
- Speed is perfect for large size bedroom
- Less noisy. Only create white noise to sleep well.
- Only need 2 minutes to put together the fan parts
- The height is not adjustable
- At 13 pounds it weighs a bit more than the fans previously listed
- Does not have a thermostat in which display current room temperature
The Ozeri 3x is beautifully designed and is a great space saver as it is only three inches thick. While it is a little heavier than the other fans previously listed, it is still lightweight and slim, which would make it less awkward to carry down the stairs.
Top 10 Best Tower Fan for Small Bedrooms
After scanning the countless product on Amazon and reading the customers review, our experts come up with the top 10 best tower fan that is suitable for small size bedroom or living room. And the good news is you will find this tower fan under 100$. So, the price tag of our top 10 tower fan is very much in range.
Editor Choice Number 1: Honeywell HY-280 – Best Tower Fan Under 55$
With a price tag of just under $60, it is not surprising why this Honeywell oscillating fan is a best seller on Amazon.com. Honeywell fan reviews also speak favorably of this tower fan. The Honeywell Hy-280 has good features when compared with the Dyson model. There are eight-speed levels to choose from. There’s also an oscillation and breeze setting, plus touch button electronic controls. Like the Dyson model, there is also a remote control with this Honeywell HY-280. You can also adjust its thermostat and be guided by its digital display. There is an auto shut-off timer that you can turn to if you want the unit to automatically turn off after a given period, although the maximum hours are up to 8 only compared to Dyson’s 9 hours. Like the Dyson fan, this is also one of the silent fans for bedroom use. It won’t keep you up all night as it doesn’t make any noise. And compared to the standard three-speed settings in most tower fans, this unit has eight-speed levels. And you can even set the temperature with this cooling machine. However, there are certain things that you may find annoying with this Honeywell whole room fan. One drawback is that its LED control panel is too bright. In fact, many Honeywell tower fan reviews say customers have to put a piece of cardboard over the LED control panel so that they can keep their rooms dark especially when users want to sleep at night. Moreover, this unit is about 2 pounds heavier than the Dyson AM07. The difference may sound insignificant, but it certainly isn’t when you try to bring the tower fan from one room to another. But for its price alone, this Honeywell product is a really good choice, especially for the budget-conscious shopper.
Top Key Features
- Small in Size: At 2’8” it is one of the smaller fans on this list. This might make it harder to see over some furniture.
- Energy Saver: This Honeywell product composed with adjustable thermostat and auto shutdown timer technology. This high tech feature will definitely help to cut the monthly electricity bill to a great extent.
- Digital Control Panel: Screen touch button on top of this tower fan without any doubt make it an easy to control and user-friendly. It also has a good design tiny remote to control the function of distance while sleeping or working.
- 8-speed setting mode: It has the third highest speed setting mode after Dyson AM07 and Vornado Smart Fan. The speed mode is namely: Sleep mode, whisper quiet mode, calm mode, white noise mode, relax mode, refresh mode, cool mode and last power cool mode.
- Portable: Easy to carry as it has a carry handle and cord management as well as it is only 11 pounds.
- Has a carrying handle, a cord management feature and is lightweight. Won’t have to worry about tripping over cords when carrying it around.
- It’s perfect for cooling whole room without making
greatnoise. The noise level on the lowest setting is only 55 decibels.
- Slim, slim and short footprint makes it perfect for carrying from room to room. You can place it anywhere wherever you need a cooling fan in a specific room.
- It has a digital thermostat, so you always know the room temperature.
- Every easy to assemble after unboxing the fan parts from the shipping box.
- The height is not adjustable. Would not be best to put it behind something taller than itself.
- It can be a bit unsteady at the base. Best to keep it away from young children.
- The display is bright at night and illuminates the room.
A small, quiet fan that is perfect for carrying from room to room as it is lightweight, comes with a carrying handle and you don’t have to worry about tripping over cords as it comes with a cord management feature. While the display illuminates the room at night, this can be countered by covering it up with a small towel or something similar.
Number #2: Ozeri Ultra
If the two Lasko tower fans don’t have enough power that you think you need to cool down your small room, then check out this 42 inch Ozeri fan. One of the first things you will notice about this tower fan is its space-saving design. It is very sophisticated and contemporary. It can enhance any room décor. Aside from its design, you will love that there are three pre-programmed airflow patterns in this unit. You can also choose from three-speed settings, with a 90-degree oscillation for good air circulation around your room. You can also program the tower fan to continuously run for 12 hours. The tower fan is easy to assemble and has a remote control that conveniently stores in the unit. This Ozeri product is affordable, too, with its price under $100. Yet it does have its share of flaws. One drawback is that its thin circular base is unstable. When the unit oscillates, there is a tendency for the base to rock a bit. The unit is also not height-adjustable.
Top Key Features
- Good Looking Home Appliance: It has a sophisticated and stylish design tower fan. This ultra Ozeri fan saves space and enhances the aesthetic look of your home or apartment.
- Powerful: Generates more air velocity with less noise on a foot-per-minute to decibel basis.
- No Tool Assemble: It is easy to assemble. It doesn’t require any kind
totools to assemble. You just need to join the parts according to user manual guideline.
- Adjustable Height: The height of the fan can be raised from 32 inches to 42 inches.
- Auto Shut Timer: Includes a 12-hour timer that can be programmed in 1-hour increments, as well as a remote control which can be stored in the fan itself.
- Has a thermostat to indicate room temperature.
- Oscillates up to 90 degrees on each side which ensure the better air circulation in the room.
- It has an LED screen with a light dimming night mode.
- Easy to operate by using the remote control or manually pressing the buttons that are on the top of the fan head under the plastic hood.
- A very quiet fan when in operation. At the highest setting, the fan is about 40 decibels, which is about the decibel level of a library.
- Slightly unstable at the circular base, especially when oscillating.
- No clip for the cord of the fan to contain it while it is being carried.
- No information on how to clean it or how easy it is to clean it.
Final VerdictA stylishly designed fan with easy assembly is always a plus. When in operation it is literally as quiet as a library, even though it generates more air velocity. Has a thermostat and an LED screen. No need to cover the screen up at night as it has a night mode where the lights can be dimmed.
Number #3: Lasko 2551
If you have a small room, then chances are you don’t really need a tower fan that has many speed settings. This Lasko oscillating fan suits your needs as it only has three-speed settings. The unit has an easy carry handle, too, thus you can bring it to another room in case the need arises. And its remote control has storage for it located on the back of the unit, thus minimizing the risks that you misplace it.This Lasko remote control fan also has the energy-saving timer that you would expect from premium cooling devices. It can automatically shut off after 7 ½ hours. The Lasko 2551 is very reasonably priced. It’s sold at less than $100, which makes it a very good choice for the budget-conscious homeowner. Despite being cheap, the Lasko 2551 offers a plethora of advantages to its users. One advantage of this Best Lasko Fan with Ionizer is that it comes fully assembled. You would only need a screwdriver to attach the base. You should have no troubles doing it, especially with the instructions very clear. Operating this small oscillating tower fan is a breeze. You can adjust the settings with the remote control, or by using the buttons located on top of the unit. These buttons have icons so you can easily switch on/off the fan, adjust speeds, or turn on the ionizer. It’s also very quiet, which you would especially appreciate when you’re trying to get some rest. The unit also does a great job in circulating the air. But this Lasko fan with ionizer also has its weaknesses. Product specification indicate that it is a bit heavy at 13 pounds, which can deter you from moving it. The base of this cooling fan for a room isn’t also the sturdiest as it is made of plastic.
Top Key Features
- This fan has a fused safety plug and an energy saving timer up to 7.5 hours.
- It is a plastic 3-speed oscillating tower fan.
- Also has an air ionizer which helps to trap airborne particles. This helps clean the air while keeping it cool.
- Efficiently provides a gentle breeze throughout the room with the wide-area oscillation feature.
- Comes with a multi-function remote control which can be stored in the back.
- Easily portable with the easy-carry handle.
- Helps trap airborne particles to clean the air.
- Electronic timer can be set from 30 minutes to 7.5 hours.
- The fan is easy to assemble.
- Has a thermostat which will decrease the power of the fan once the desired temperature of the room is reached..
- The fan is not adjustable in height.
- The display is somewhat bright at night.
- Makes a clicking noise every 30 seconds when oscillating.
Final VerdictThis air ionizing fan is a must if allergens are an issue within the home or if cleaner air is desired. An easily assembled, portable fan which cools over a wide area and it cleans the air? Love it. While the display can be bright at night, it can just be covered with something lightweight. Depending on how loud the clicking when oscillating noise is, it might not be noticed after a while.
4 : Honeywell HY-048BP
The Honeywell HY-048BP Fresh Breeze is sleek, stylish, lightweight fan that comes easily assembled with a replaceable air filtration system and flexible temperature control, which also shows you the room temperature. This fan is made in China. You can adjust the height of this fan which is about three and a half feet. Being a stand fan of 40.5 inches in height, the adjustable height feature helps you to select the suitable height to ensure the perfect airflow around bedroom when you are going to sleep. We recommend you to buy this tower fan for your bedroom. It comes with an air ionizer, which is great for those with allergies or just wants cleaner air in general. The body itself is made of plastic. Comes with three-speed settings and the timer goes up to 12 hours.
Top Key Features
- There is a programmable thermostat which not only tells you the room temperature but also speed up or down the fan speed according to the room temperature.
- Air ionizer for removing allergens from the air and a washable air filter.
- Comes with a remote control which has a flashlight to enable the user to see in the dark.
- It has an integrated handle that increases its portability.
- The tilted head allows for directional cooling.
- Very quiet, yet has a strong motor.
- Ionizes the air to remove airborne allergens and cleans the air.
- The filter is washable.
- Has a temperature display to show the room temperature, which can be set anywhere from 60 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- There is a breeze mode to simulate gentle outdoor wind.
- Small and easy to store or place anywhere to use.
- The plastic body creates an odor. To minimize it, it has to be cleaned regularly and room fresheners might be needed.
- The LCD screen at night might be too bright.
- Actually, have to wash the filter instead of just wiping it down.
Final VerdictThese days anything with an air ionizer should go onto a list of their own and then choose from there. While being able to simply wipe it down to clean it would be ideal, washing the air filter works just as good. Very quiet with a strong motor, this particular fan won’t disturb conversations or sleep.
Number #5: Lasko 4930 – Best Small Tower Fan
With a price tag of under 100$, this fan is featured on Amazon as the “AMAZON’S CHOICE” in home improvement category. It got
Top Key Features
- Inner blades and the outer body of this fan are fully safe from rust. The material of the body and blades are rust-resistant
- The timer can be set to 1, 2 or 4-hour sleep modes.
- Easy to grip handle on the back.
- Polarized plug to reduce electric shock risk.
- High wind output
- Filter-less, which saves on cleaning time
- No assembly required
- Remote control with the range to activate fan from across the room. Storage for the remote is on the back of the fan.
- High-velocity fan.
- Not exactly quiet. One consumer measured the decibels from 12 feet away were anywhere from 50 to 60 dB depending on the setting.
- There is no thermostat
- No air ionization
Final VerdictThis filterless, rust-resistant powerful fan might not have air ionization or filtration system, but that shouldn’t stop anyone from buying it. You can choice it as it is the highest velocity fan in our list. This high-velocity fan isn’t exactly quiet in operation and comes with a limited number of timer mode.
Number #6: Honeywell HYF290B
Top Key Features
- Remote control with a space in the back of the fan for easy storage.
- Dimming feature for nighttime lighting.
- 8 speeds at the push of a button, including an oscillation button.
- 1, 2, 4 and 8-hour timer for automatic shutoff.
- Easy assembly.
- Has lighting selections for nighttime so you don’t have to cover the control panel before you sleep.
- Quiet fan
- 8 speeds to choose from
- Best for rooms that don’t need an abundance of airflow
- Easy to clean, but two parts require different methods of cleaning.
- Not a powerful fan
- Two parts require two different methods to clean
- No other colors.
Final VerdictNothing much in the way of cons. While the exterior unit should be cleaned with a soft dry cloth and the grills and fan blade area with compressed air or a pipe cleaner, it is still easy and simple to clean. Easy to assemble. While it is not a powerful fan, it would mainly be used for smaller rooms that would be overpowered by a more powerful fan.
Number #7: Soleus Air
Top Key Features
- Lightweight at 8.38 pounds.
- A timer which automatically shuts off the fan at 7.5 hours or 30 minutes.
- LED indicator lights for fan settings.
- Oscillation can be turned on and off.
- Comes with a remote control.
- Minimal assembly required.
- Oscillation can be turned on or off
- Small and easy to carry as it is only 35 inches, which is 2’11”. Storage and operation are not an issue.
- It has a nighttime mode of sleeping.
- Has a timer.
- Might be a bit loud on the high setting.
- Not a lot of settings.
- There is a clicking noise when it changes direction during oscillation.
Final VerdictIt has a night mode that lowers the wind speed so as not to disturb a sleeping person, but those who do sleep with a fan on for white noise are able to adjust it to the other two settings. Lightweight and short, this makes it easy to store and move around. Depending on how loud it is, the clicking noise during oscillation might be tuned out. Definitely another one to get as it has a nighttime mode.
Number #8: Arctic-Pro
Top Key Features
- Night Mode in which the unit can be used, but the screen is turned off.
- 80 degrees of oscillation to cover a whole room.
- Won’t take up much space.
- Engineered to generate more air with less noise.
- Three speeds, normal, nature and sleep mode
- Night mode so the user does not have to worry about abnormal nighttime room illumination or covering up the display.
- 12-hour timer
- Comes with a remote control
- Easy to assemble
- Oscillates to circulate air throughout the room.
- Takes about 10 minutes to assemble.
- Not rust resistant
- Not a lot of settings
Final VerdictNight mode is a great feature to have on any device that has a display illumination. Doesn’t take up much space, which allows for ease of storage and portability from room to room. Easy assembly is also a must. It may not have a lot of settings; I am sure there is a noticeable difference in wind output in each setting.
Number #9: Holmes Oscillating
This Holmes fan is another good alternative to the pricey Dyson AM07. Like the Honeywell HY-280, it is reasonably priced at around $60. You’re basically saving more than $300 if you opt for this product instead of the Dyson AM07. Many customer reviews also indicate that this unit is quiet while in operation. But it doesn’t have enough power as Dyson Air Multiplier Fan. Some reviewers even went to the extent of saying that it is the best oscillating fan today. When it comes to features, this Holmes cooling fan has very decent programs. The control panel is mounted on top of the unit, with LED lights that would allow you to see it even in the dark. There’s also an automatic shut off timer. Similar to the Honeywell model, you can set the timer to shut off the unit after eight hours of continued use. However, you would also have to sacrifice a couple of things when you buy this cooling fan. One is that your oscillation is limited to three-speed settings. Another drawback is its flimsy base. Made of plastic, the base has the tendency to rock a bit when you touch it.
Top Key Features
- Oscillates for a wide coverage area.
- An automatic timer that can be programmed for up to eight hours.
- It is a more slender fan at 6 inches wide x 6 inches thick x 32 inches in height.
- It is energy efficient and uses up to 60% less energy.
- Lightweight at 8.7 pounds.
- Being a more slender fan, it can be set nearly anywhere without having to worry about space, especially when storing it.
- Energy efficient as it uses 60% less energy.
- Lightweight, which makes it easy to carry around, as does the integrated handle.
- Plastic, so you don’t have to worry about the outside rusting.
- LED lit control panel.
- Does not come with replacement parts.
- No air ionization
- No mention of it being rust resistant in the interior.
Final VerdictAny energy efficient product is highly desirable nowadays. This particular fan is energy efficient and uses 60% less energy. It is a very lightweight fan, making it easy to move around and its size makes it even easier to store away when it is not needed. The outer shell is plastic, which makes it easy to clean by wiping it off with a cloth and the control panel is easy to see at night.
Number #10: Lasko 4000 Air Stik Ultra-Slim Fan
Another Lasko model, this ultra-slim oscillating fan only has two-speed settings. But that may not be an issue at all if you will just use it to cool a small room. It’s also very compact and lightweight that you can put it on top of your desk. It has a height of 14 inches. The fan has a range of about 4 feet which should be good enough if you use it in a small room. It is also very quiet. There’s some buzz that it makes from time to time but most consumer reviews indicate that this is tolerable. The unit is sold at under 40$ which makes it the lowest priced tower fan in our round-up. But like the other fans discussed on this list, this Lasko 4000 does have its shortcomings. One is that its LED lights are too bright, especially at night. This may distract you particularly if you are a light sleeper. Moreover, you would need two hands to push its control buttons. One hand is to push the button while the other is to hold back the fan as it can fall over when there’s nothing to support it.
Top Key Features
- Small enough to fit on a desk or a nightstand at 14 inches in height.
- Takes up very little surface space.
- Comes fully assembled
- The controls are LED-illuminated
- Powerful for its size
- Small enough to take anywhere you go.
- Has a safety plug to avoid accidental electric shocks.
- Stylish and comes fully assembled and slip resistant.
- Only has two speeds, but that is all it needs at that size.
- Plastic on the outside which means all it needs to clean the outside is a soft fabric.
- The brightness of the LED lights might make it difficult for people to sleep and might need to be covered.
- No mention of it being rust resistant.
- No night mode lighting to lower the brightness of the lights.
Final VerdictA great fan for traveling or for home. It is very easy to store due to the fan’s size, providing it doesn’t get lost due to the size. There might be some who want more settings, but two is enough for it. It has slip resistant feet for secure footing and is only two and a half pounds. If it had an air ionizer and a night mode for the lighting, then it would be absolutely perfect.
There’s no denying that an air conditioner is the best way to cool down your room. But it isn’t the most energy efficient. With a tower fan, you can lower the temperature in your room. Cheap tower fans can push hot air out of a room. Thus you don’t have to be irritated and sweaty. Aside from being energy efficient, a tower fan is a lot more silent when in operation than electric fans. These quiet fans for home use are designed not to disturb people in their sleep or conversations. Moreover, you can save a lot of space at home when you buy a tower fan. Most tower fans have a slim, space-saving design. These appliances also have a contemporary look and can enhance the surrounding in your home or office. When it comes to best tower fan, Dyson is definitely the best. However, you will have to shell out a lot of money to be able to get a Dyson AM07. If budget is a concern, you may settle for other cheaper brands like Honeywell, Holmes, and Seville. Whatever brand you choose, there’s only one thing definite— by adding a tower fan in your home or office, you can make your space more comfortable especially in the summer without paying a lot for your energy bills.