Vornado tower fans will build up dust and dirt particles within, just like any other tower fan available in the market today. This build-up will be blown all over your house.
So, you must know how to clean a Vornado tower fan if you want to keep it running at its best in long run.
This guide will teach you how to clean a Vornado tower fan using a lot of useful tools. This guide will educate you on how you can easily give the fan a thorough cleaning that will save you and your family from health issues because it will make your house or office free from dust.
Best 3 Methods of Cleaning a Vornado Tower Fan
- Clean Vornado tower fan using a vacuum cleaner brush.
- Cleaning the fan with an air compressor or compressed air can.
- Clean the tower fan by using a blower fan.
You can use these three methods to clean your Vornado tower fan. All of these methods are very easy and simple but these are the best and efficient ways to clean it. Moreover, you don’t have to disassemble the tower fan. So, these methods are 100 percent safe and you don’t have to worry about the void warranty.
Method #1. Cleaning by using Vacuum Cleaner Brush.
This Method is Recommended by Vornado Tower Fan Manufacturer
Step 1. In your attempt to clean a VORNADO Tower Fan, the first thing you must do is to unplug the unit to avoid electric shock.
Step 2. Clean the accumulated dust and dirt away from the side inlet and front angled outlet grills, making use of the brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner.
- It is forbidden to use any kind of cleaning chemicals like gasoline, thinners or solvents while cleaning a Vornado tower fan.
- This Method only cleans the dust accumulated in the outer side body of the tower fan. This will not clean the dust stored in the blade inside the fan.
Method #2. Clean using an air compressor or compressed air can.
Most Efficient Way And Recommended By Top Cooling Fan
Step 1. Take you tower fan outside location(patio, balcony or garage) to avoid the flowing of dust in air and you can move freely while you are cleaning it. It will save your household stuff(TV, Chiller, dining table etc.) from dust.
Step 2. Don’t forget to turn off the tower fan and unplug the unit.
Step 3. Turn on your air compressor and clean the cage and vent of the tower fan as we shown in the video. You can also use a compressed air can or duster if you don’t have an air compressor in your home.
To clean The Vornado Tower Fan using compressed air can you have to buy one from shop or online.After that, take a can of compressed air and point the nozzle of compressed air where the dust and dirt accumulated. Brust the air through the vents, exhausts, cage and blades of the tower fan.
Follow the vedio to clean Vornado tower fan using air compressor
- Using Air compressor is the most efficient tool to clean accumulated dust and darts in the tower fan. But purchasing an air compressor can cost 70$-300$. If this exceeds your budget can go for compressed air can or duster which will cost only 10$-20$.
- Always use a mask while cleaning Vornado tower fan using this method.
- Don’t shake the compressed air can while using it. Else, it will spray some liquid instead of the air.
Method #3. Clean it Using a Blower Fan.
Step 1. Take your tower fan outside of the home and unplug the unit for power supply.
Step 2. Turn on the blower fan and flow the air inside the grill of the tower fan. We demonstrated the process in the video.
This Video will Show You How You Can Use a Blower Fan to Clean Vornado Tower Fan
- A blower fan can cost only 5$-30$ and it’s very cheap.
- Don’t forget to wear a mask and safety hand gloves.
- Wear safety goggles.
How to Clean The Outer Body of Vornado Tower Fan
Take a clean and soft cloth. Simply clean the whole surface and the base of the tower fan. You don’t have to use water or cleaning chemicals in the cloth or tower fan. If you use any kind of solvents, there is a chance of color to be faded. So, don’t take any risk.
Should I Disassemble Vornado Tower Fan Before Cleaning
The first thing you must remember when learning how to clean a VORNADO Tower Fan is that you need not disassemble it before cleaning. This is in view of the fact that your Tower circulation doesn’t come with user serviceable parts. Remember that disassembling the tower fan unit will negate or void your warranty.
However, it is recommended that you send it back to VORNADO service or any authentic service providers if you think service is needed.
Tips & Precaution
- Prior to cleaning your VORNADO Tower Fan, make sure you remove it from the electric socket or source of power.
- You don’t need to oil the motor at every cleaning because it is permanently lubricated and needs no oiling.
- Avoid using thinners, gasoline, solvents or some other chemicals for cleaning.
- It is recommended not to use water to clean the air circulator, house vacuum can do the work well.
- For cleaning the grills, use a little amount of mild dish washing soap on damp cloth, it will help in efficient cleaning
- If convenient, you can carry the fan outside for cleaning to avoid blowing the dust and dirt within the house.
Why Should You Clean a Fan Regularly?
One major reason for cleaning a fan regularly is that the Tower fan moves a large amount of air. Other reasons include the following:
For Best Performance
Fans are disreputable when it comes to building up dirt and dust, particularly at the top surfaces and edges of the blades. Cleaning your fan will keep it at its optimal performance.
Without a doubt, dust gathering will reduce the efficiency of your fan as it will reduce airflow and this can cause your fan to quiver if there is no even distribution of dust.
While dirt left in the fan will make the motor work harder and result in more noise while working and eventually cut down the possible lifespan of this home appliance.
To Decrease or Eliminate Dust Allergies
Notable and common causes of asthma in kids are dust termites. A regular cleaning is quite imperative in houses that have family members suffering from some kind of dust allergies so that dust build-up is kept under check.
Your home should not be extremely dirty to prompt dust mite reaction. Regular cleaning is required because fans are the main culprits when it comes to dispensing and accumulating dust at home.
Despite the fact that there are a lot of sources of dust, getting rid of one source through thorough cleaning will be a very good idea.
To Improve the General Look of Your House
The entire appearance of your would be enhanced when you keep the tower fan (that is considerably big for everyone to notice) clean.
This is due to the fact that they will apply the necessary and recommended surface finish to the blades to make your fan appear like a brand new one.
When you have visitors, they will not have to be annoyed moreover with the dirty appearance or the dust.
Wrapped it up
Now you have successfully learned how to clean a VORNADO Tower Fan. This easy guide has aided many people to remove squeaking or other noises and ensured that cleaner air circulated all round their bedroom or other rooms in their houses.
Despite the fact that there are lots of diverse makes and models of tower fans, the fundamental process of cleaning is quite the same across different brands. Now that you know how to clean a VORNADO Tower Fan, you shouldn’t have too much issue in maintaining the fan appliances in your house.