Are you worried about cleaning you Honeywell fan sitting in your home? Well, Top Cooling Fan will give you the proper guideline to this hectic problem. It looks very unhealthy and dirty if you don’t clean a fan regularly. So here is the step by step guideline to “how to clean a Honeywell fan ”
First of all, we will introduce you the types of Honeywell fan available on the market:
- Pedestal Fan.Honeywell is manufacturing pedestal fan for 2005, and they come in superb quality. Customers rating are very high for this Honeywell brand. The price of Honeywell pedestal fan is between 40$-80$ depending on the feature and style.
- Table Fan.Honeywell table fans are magnificent looking and quiet. A Honeywell table fan can cost 20$-40$. These fans are very lightweight, speedy and good looking.
- Tower Fan.Tower fan is very popular among the new buyers of the fan. If you think about the best brand of tower fan, Honeywell will be the best option for you. The price range of Honeywell tower fans is between 40$-80$.
Things or Materials You May Need while Cleaning Honeywell Fan
✔ Phillips Screwdriver. A screwdriver is an important and essential household chore. But if you don’t have Phillips screwdriver, you can buy a set of Phillips screwdriver cost of 12$-40$.
✔ Compressed air cans. Available at Amazon only for 5$-10$.
✔ A Vacuum Cleaner/Blower. Don’t have any vacuum cleaner? Then you have to buy one, and it will cut 20$-40$ from your pocket.
✔ A Soft Cotton Cloth. You can use an old t-shirt for this purpose.
✔ Surface Cleaner/Dishwasher Powder. Surface cleaner or dishwasher powder price range is between 2$-10$.
✔ A Pipe Cleaner. The price of pipe cleaner is between 2$-10$.
How to Clean a Honeywell Tower Fan
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1: Unplug the Fan.
First, you have to unplug the fan cord that is connected to an electrical socket.
Step 2: Use a Vacuum or Blower
Use a vacuum cleaner or blower to remove the dust off outside housing and grille of the fan.
Step 3: Use a Pipe Cleaner
You have to use a pipe cleaner while cleaning the dust between the grilles of the fan if the dust is very high in the grille.
Step 4: Disassemble the fan grille.
First of all, check how your front fan grill is held on rear fan grill. Some model of Honeywell fan, mainly the old model fan and the front grill is held on the rear grill by a clip. Other Honeywell Available model attaches the front grill with Phillips head screws. Identify your fan types after that lay down the fan on floor or table and take the necessary step to remove the grille. If the fan is attached with screws, then you have to disassemble the grille using Phillips screwdriver.
Step 5: Remove the Blades of Fan
After removing the grille of a fan, unscrew the clips or screws that hold the blades of the fan. Thus you can disassemble the blades of the fan.
Step 6: Clean the Parts of Fan
You can use dishwasher’s solution that is you use to clean the dish to clean the component of the fan. You can also make a solution using soap and water. Next, you have to take a cotton cloth and pour the solution in the clothes. After that wipe the blades, grill and rear grill of the fan.
Step 7: Reassemble the Fan
Wait till the components of fan become dry. After that carefully reassemble the parts of the fan.
How to clean a Honeywell pedestal or table Fan
You can follow two methods while cleaning a Honeywell pedestal or table fan:
- Cleaning without disassembling the fan
- Clean the whole fan after disassembling it.
Cleaning the fan without disassembling the parts
Clean the fan twice a week following the method. It will take only 5-10 minutes. The instructions are superb easy that even minors can clean the fan following this method.
- First, take your pedestal or table fan to an open area or location where cleaning it will make easier for you.
- Collect you cleaning stuff together. In this method, we will show you how to use compressed air cans to clean the fan without disassembling it.
- Take a can of compressed air and point the nozzle of the can toward the blades and grilles where the specks of dust are accumulated. This will clean the dust inside the fan grilles and blades without disassembling it.
- Use a brush (vacuum cleaner brush or user toothbrush) to clean the front or back grilles before using compressed air. It will make your cleaning more efficient.
- Use a wet clean cloth or towel to clean the stand and the outer body of the fan. You can use only water or dishwasher solution soaking the cloth.
Cleaning the pedestal or table fan after disassembling it
Monthly cleaning your pedestal or table fan following this method during high use helps to flow fresh air.
” Dissemble a Pedestal or table fan Following the steps “
Here are The Instructions:
- First, unscrew the front grille of the fan that attached with the back grille. Use the appropriate screwdriver (usually Phillips screwdriver) for unscrewing purpose. Some Honeywell fan doesn’t have any screw rather than it contains clips. On that case, snapped the clips for releasing it.
- Gently unscrew the blade cap and take it off carefully.
- Slowly slide the blade off and keep it in a safe place.
- Unscrew the back fan grille nut and slide off the back grille
” Cleaning the Fan Parts Deeply “
Here are The Instructions:
- Clean the loose dust by using a dry cloth or towel.
- Make a solution of dishwasher cleaner or liquid hand soap.
- Dip the parts in the solution and use a brush to clean it more deeply.
- Wipe the parts with a dry cloth and wait around 10 minutes to dry each fan parts.
- Reverse the above disassemble process to reassemble the fan again.
Tips & Precaution
- Don’t submerge the motor of the fan. If motor gets wet, it will be burned or damage the electric motor when electricity supplied to fan.
- Always use a mask when you are cleaning the fan. It will keep your breath safe from dust.
- Use hand gulps when cleaning the dust.
- Don’t force too much while unscrewing the clips or screws.
- Keep the screws of fan safely. We recommend you to use separate small containers to keep it safe.
Wrap it up
To clean a fan in your home, will only take 1-1.30 hours if you are doing it the first time. Among the various types of Honeywell fan, the tower fans of Honeywell requires less maintenance. If you have a traditional or normal Honeywell fan in your home, we suggest you replace it will more efficient and classic tower fan. Our experts reviews of best Honeywell tower fan will help you to choose the right one for your home.